The United Insular States of Achipel is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by President Martell with an even hand, and renowned for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, anti-smoking policies, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 9.346 billion Achipelans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Paradí. The average income tax rate is 72.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Achipelan economy, worth a remarkable 1,108 trillion Caribbean dollars a year, is quite specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Furniture Restoration. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 118,629 Caribbean dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.2 times as much as the poorest.
Telling someone to 'break a leg' is considered a criminal inducement to self harm, the new one Caribbean dollar coin also makes a handy throwing-star, pre-takeoff checks last longer than the flights themselves, and weighted heels are added to military boots to ensure diminutive celebrities meet minimum requirements. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Achipel's national animal is the Macaw, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Achipel lodged a message on the New West Indies Regional Message Board.
- : Achipel removed regional password protection from New West Indies.
- : Achipel updated the World Factbook entry in New West Indies.
- : Following new legislation in Achipel, weighted heels are added to military boots to ensure diminutive celebrities meet minimum requirements.
- : Following new legislation in Achipel, pre-takeoff checks last longer than the flights themselves.
- : Following new legislation in Achipel, the new one Caribbean dollar coin also makes a handy throwing-star.
- : Achipel altered the regional flag of New West Indies.
- : Following new legislation in Achipel, telling someone to 'break a leg' is considered a criminal inducement to self harm.
- : Achipel was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Advanced Law Enforcement.
- : Achipel voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Ban on Forced Blood Sports".
Endorsements Received: 31 » Rhodes-Land, Karteria, Portinabia, Idiocarasia, The Anarchist Communist, North Italian Union, Ventus Prime, Celestiam, Margatina, Frellor, Ganiva, Subadent, Jamesburgh, Smaragdina, Central Birdland, Joshenia, Funky Goats, Sugrapine, Euatania, Tinja, The kingdoms of Austranisia, Saskovia, Agrocragoria, Kerosmark, New Spiedska, Osma del sur, The Gaelic People, Nietzsche Pagans, Cymiopolis, Antachia, and Gallaton.