The Bardic Lorekeepers of Aethelia is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by JEM with a fair hand, and remarkable for its frequent executions, soft-spoken computers, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 22.486 billion Aethelians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, liberal, socially-minded, outspoken government prioritizes Education, with Environment, Healthcare, and Welfare also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Law & Order aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Luna. The income tax rate is 100%.
The frighteningly efficient Aethelian economy, worth a remarkable 7,209 trillion newtons a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing and Tourism. Average income is an amazing 320,628 newtons, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
All recreational drugs are legal, citizens recently voted in favour of declaring bubblewrap an 'abomination of nature', with increasingly clear skies nobody seems to mind the electricity bill going through the roof, and drunk drivers are sent to rehabilitation paid for by the government. Crime is totally unknown. Aethelia's national animal is the aurora, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Science.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Aethelia was endorsed by The Republic of Drennicka.
- : Aethelia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Integrity in Law Enforcement".
- : Aethelia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Nuremgard".
- : Aethelia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Rudest Citizens.
- : Aethelia created a new poll in Hogwarts: "Do you hate people who disagree with you politically/people in the other major political party?".
- : Following new legislation in Aethelia, drunk drivers are sent to rehabilitation paid for by the government.
- : Following new legislation in Aethelia, with increasingly clear skies nobody seems to mind the electricity bill going through the roof.
- : Following new legislation in Aethelia, citizens recently voted in favour of declaring bubblewrap an 'abomination of nature'.
- : Aethelia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Trotterdam".
- : Aethelia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting Legal Rights of Workers".
Endorsements Received: 13 » Lauchenoiria, Comhar, United New England, The Crimean Enclave, Grellania, Gardavasque, Libertas Omnium Maximus, -Astoria, Ponoxien, Assamland, Trive 38, Latidonia, and Xiomera.