The Empire of Ahssn is a huge, cultured nation, ruled by Bob Ross with an even hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, ubiquitous missile silos, and frequent executions. The hard-nosed, democratic, devout population of 884 million Avrorians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Aurora. The average income tax rate is 51.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Avroraian economy, worth 115 trillion Bitcoins a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 130,996 Bitcoins, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.3 times as much as the poorest.
Politicians have to be granted day-release from prison to speak on bills, children grow up long before the paperwork for their lemonade stands can be sorted out, the navy is chrome-plating its battleships to prevent rust, and much of Ahssn's computer network is controlled by a rampant artificial intelligence. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Ahssn's national animal is the Unicorn, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Ahssn, much of Ahssn's computer network is controlled by a rampant artificial intelligence.
- : Following new legislation in Ahssn, the navy is chrome-plating its battleships to prevent rust.
- : Following new legislation in Ahssn, children grow up long before the paperwork for their lemonade stands can be sorted out.
- : Ahssn was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Insurance Industry and Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector.
- : Following new legislation in Ahssn, politicians have to be granted day-release from prison to speak on bills.
- : Ahssn voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Ban on Forced Blood Sports".
- : Following new legislation in Ahssn, construction workers evacuate work sites after finding sharp rocks on the ground.
- : Following new legislation in Ahssn, obstetricians are not allowed to publish ultrasound pictures of fetuses in medical journals.
- : Ahssn was endorsed by The Dictatorship of BoxcarJim.
- : Following new legislation in Ahssn, 'The Anti-Government Hour' is a popular programme on many of Ahssn's radio stations.
Endorsements Received: 76 » Saint Philip and Laurence, The Holy Principality of Saint Mark, Bran Astor, San Mazer, Dalimbar, Nieubasria, Wickedly evil people, Gracelantia, Leukogeras, Atheist States of Philippines, Resurgence City, Archonina, Cryland, Kiensu, Santos-Dominius, Fujai, Eritasia, The Unified Missourtama States, Recuecn, Arracrania, Papercuts and Skittles, Surroosia, Sensorland, Big Bad Badger, Eienn, Plankstein, IndyCar Racing, Hiems, Estriacea, Kittenlicious, Anuubis, Fuentana, Numpties, Westwind, New Belia, Liberillia, Psikuta, DiscGolfLand, Pandaland III, Divina Patriae, Ferroia, Barcocoland, The Undivided, New Democratic Republic of Russia, Neon Sweden, Nedtherland, Win Mints, Quevilis, Pandaland II, The Isle of Burgrass, and 26 others.The Antarctic Empires, Nas Crustium, Crazy Waters, Kisovec, Holmani, Tropical Isles, Shaqolandia, Condonohia, Denieria, Avadon, Acropylae, Dreamers for Hope, Gryphonian Alliance, Twisted Duality, Common Good, Carvell, Sindria, Fumafuma, Zenduria, Toberkuibac, Constantinopolisia, Giovanniland, Cro Magnon, Aluminum Oxynitride, Grand Republic of the Sun, and BoxcarJim.