The People's Republic of Aklevin is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Deng Xiping with a fair hand, and remarkable for its frequent executions, parental licensing program, and devotion to social welfare. The hard-nosed, democratic, humorless population of 4.403 billion Aklevinians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized, corrupt government prioritizes Education, although Defense, Healthcare, and Law & Order are also considered important. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Beijing. The average income tax rate is 69.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Aklevinian economy, worth 776 trillion Yuan a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Arms Manufacturing, and Tourism. Black market activity is notable. Average income is an impressive 176,423 Yuan, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.6 times as much as the poorest.
Suit-clad businessmen have been taking advantage of the relaxed welfare qualifications by shopping with food stamps, Deng Xiping's speeches are beloved by insomniacs, doctors prescribe medicines but they rarely dispense hope or compassion, and the government burgles the houses of holidaying citizens. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Aklevin's national animal is the Dragon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Aklevin, the government burgles the houses of holidaying citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Aklevin, doctors prescribe medicines but they rarely dispense hope or compassion.
- : Following new legislation in Aklevin, Deng Xiping's speeches are beloved by insomniacs.
- : Aklevin was endorsed by The Weed-choked lawn of A mean old man.
- : Aklevin was endorsed by The United States of Filipopol.
- : Aklevin was endorsed by The Libertanny-Endorsing Vizier of Tretrid.
- : Following new legislation in Aklevin, suit-clad businessmen have been taking advantage of the relaxed welfare qualifications by shopping with food stamps.
- : Following new legislation in Aklevin, protests are prohibited from blocking traffic.
- : Aklevin was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- : Following new legislation in Aklevin, fighter pilots crash out of the air after failing to understand their foreign instruction manuals.
Endorsements Received: 63 » A Slanted Black Stripe, H-Zhena, Wiranath, Brotherland, Cantonese Union, Axdel, Squid Ruinosa, Hizuru, Pakitsk, Wolemoer, BearStackof2015, Riveraland, Stellar Colonies, VW53Aland, Am Echad, The Buckeye States, Someseni, Enlil, Roliganistan, The Cult of the Great Cthulhu, Gorbastan, Chubaka, Kilkire, Kangarawa, Republic of Berzerkistan, The United Neo American Union, The United Asian Republics, Plazland, Libertanny, Dragons Blood, Bullpups, United China Nation, Stanisiti, Liberstankonia, Sericena, Firenation91, Brethren, Marrabuk, Evrigenis, Modra, La xinga, Adolanta, Merlovich, Habsburg-Lorriane, Zukchiva, Ridann, Asendavia, The Eternal Land of Jong, Todd McCloud, I-America-I, and 13 others.Ripsylvania, The Three States of Fortuna, Peoples Republic of GG, Staynes, Oofery, The Brazillian Parlament Of Idideology, Technocratic Tagalog, Sovietsoyuz, The Atlae Isles, BuciLand, Tretrid, Filipopol, and A mean old man.