The Commonwealth of Algal states is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Premier Ministre with an even hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, punitive income tax rates, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 32.839 billion Algalonians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Letete. The average income tax rate is 71.4%.
The Algalon economy, worth a remarkable 1,848 trillion vesicles a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 56,301 vesicles, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.3 times as much as the poorest.
Mandatory neutering has made purebred dogs a thing of the past, the Coast Guard is pioneering a quixotic program to train fish, the government's economic policy is "sort it yourself", and Maxtopian tourists make expensive pilgrimages to Letete to enjoy their national art. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Algal states's national animal is the epiphyte, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Algal states's influence in Osiris rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Algal states was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans.
- : Algal states's influence in Osiris rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Algal states was refounded in Osiris.
- : Algal states ceased to exist in The Maritimes.
- : Algal states was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- : Algal states was endorsed by The Kingdom of Kalix.
- : Algal states's influence in The Maritimes rose from "Sprat" to "Eminence Grise".
- : Algal states was admitted to the World Assembly.
- : Algal states applied to join the World Assembly.