|Faith||Oracles of Aija|
The Queendom of Amanthaya is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Valerie II with an iron fist, and remarkable for its rum-swilling pirates, pith helmet sales, and parental licensing program. The compassionate, hard-working, cynical, cheerful, devout population of 3.598 billion Amanthayans are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Presille-Heles. The average income tax rate is 82.0%.
The frighteningly efficient Amanthayan economy, worth 616 trillion bronzes a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Retail. Average income is an impressive 171,399 bronzes, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.6 times as much as the poorest.
It's a hard-knock life for the orphans doing factory work for a pittance, it is illegal to make racist remarks in public, the government's new 'Crime Can Fight Itself' policy appears to be backfiring rather badly, and only persecuted professionals need apply. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Amanthaya's national animal is the peacock, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Oracles of Aija.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Amanthaya, only persecuted professionals need apply.
- : Amanthaya voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Ban on Forced Sterilisation".
- : Following new legislation in Amanthaya, the government's new 'Crime Can Fight Itself' policy appears to be backfiring rather badly.
- : Following new legislation in Amanthaya, it is illegal to make racist remarks in public.
- : Amanthaya was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "Mother Knows Best State".
- : Following new legislation in Amanthaya, it's a hard-knock life for the orphans doing factory work for a pittance.
- : Following new legislation in Amanthaya, excessive wheelchair ramps on government buildings have been compared to theme park attractions.
- : Following new legislation in Amanthaya, student exchange programs are in trouble as everyone wants to leave but no-one wants to come.
- : Amanthaya was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Welfare Programs.
- : Following new legislation in Amanthaya, radio shows frequently feature people denouncing religion.
Endorsements Received: 55 » A Slanted Black Stripe, Fedele, H-Zhena, Brotherland, Ver Norge, Danesopia, Bachtendekuppen, Todd McCloud, The Sacred Whale, Dark Edgyness, Bullpups, Marrico, Aelitia, The Happian Union, Cantonese Union, Wiranath, Davelands, Gorbastan, Axdel, Squid Ruinosa, Thyaclinia, Hizuru, The Angel of Charity, Neruch, Roissyland, Republic of Berzerkistan, Janoobi Jazair, Taya Dust, Riveraland, BearStackof2015, Am Echad, The Buckeye States, Someseni, VW53Aland, Free sovereign Soviet socialist republic, Pakitsk, Ravendi, The Cult of the Great Cthulhu, Justice-Becoming, Kilkire, Funkadelia, The United Neo American Union, Plazland, Just Vale 2, Cyant, Kangarawa, East Malaysia, Libertanny, Dragons Blood, Escade, and 5 others.Marrabuk, Sericena, Staynes, Stanisiti, and Commodore Badger.