The Holy Confederacy of Anmola is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Danny Healy-Rae with an even hand, and notable for its zero percent divorce rate, unlimited-speed roads, and ubiquitous missile silos. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless, devout population of 1.944 billion Anmolans are free to succeed or fail in life on their own merits; the successful tend to enjoy an opulent (but moralistic) lifestyle, while the failures can be seen crowding out most jails.
The medium-sized, corrupt, moralistic, pro-business government is primarily concerned with Defense, with Industry, Law & Order, and Administration also on the agenda, while Environment and Social Policy are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Blasket Islands. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 38.3%.
The frighteningly efficient Anmolan economy, worth 435 trillion Walrus Tusks a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Retail, Uranium Mining, and Gambling. Black market activity is rampant. Average income is an amazing 224,150 Walrus Tusks, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 766,387 per year while the poor average 48,200, a ratio of 15.9 to 1.
Heart attacks are regarded as a coming of age ritual, prison visits increase substantially during election years, fruit vendors are encouraging a life of crime in their advertising, and immigrants are required to salute the flag five times a day. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Anmola's national animal is the Walrus, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Anmola voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Gay Panic defense Ban".
- : Anmola updated the World Factbook entry in Confederate Alliance.
- : Anmola lost WA Delegate status in Confederate Alliance.
- : Following new legislation in Anmola, immigrants are required to salute the flag five times a day.
- : Anmola voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Fairness in Collective Bargaining"".
- : Following new legislation in Anmola, fruit vendors are encouraging a life of crime in their advertising.
- : Following new legislation in Anmola, prison visits increase substantially during election years.
- : Following new legislation in Anmola, heart attacks are regarded as a coming of age ritual.
- : Following new legislation in Anmola, an extra hand on the leg will give a horse-and-a-half of lead in a hundred jiffies on seven furlongs.
- : Anmola's influence in Confederate Alliance fell from "Hermit" to "Dominator".
Endorsements Received: None.