The Empire of Arouran is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Emperor Silvers with an iron fist, and notable for its closed borders, free-roaming dinosaurs, and public floggings. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless, devout population of 4.988 billion Arouranians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The medium-sized, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Silver City. The average income tax rate is 74.6%.
The frighteningly efficient Arouranian economy, worth 803 trillion Goldcoins a year, is fairly diversified and dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Uranium Mining, and Furniture Restoration. Black market activity is rampant. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 161,121 Goldcoins, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.4 times as much as the poorest.
The volume of paperwork used to complete a single environmental assessment defeats the purpose, space shuttles regularly launch rubbish into space, scenic beaches are now protected by massive concrete walls, and it is mandatory to learn evolution in schools. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Arouran's national animal is the Eagle, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Arouran was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Subsidized Industry and the Top 10% for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- : Arouran voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "International Criminal Protocol"".
- : Arouran endorsed The This is Agalaesia of Eunopiar.
- : Arouran endorsed The Socialist Literary Society of Cellar Doors.
- : Following new legislation in Arouran, it is mandatory to learn evolution in schools.
- : Following new legislation in Arouran, scenic beaches are now protected by massive concrete walls.
- : Following new legislation in Arouran, space shuttles regularly launch rubbish into space.
- : Following new legislation in Arouran, the volume of paperwork used to complete a single environmental assessment defeats the purpose.
- : Following new legislation in Arouran, high food prices have reduced the national diet to staple foods and water.
- : Arouran was endorsed by The Republic of Empire of the Galaxies.
Endorsements Received: 68 » VW53Aland, Marrabuk, Evrigenis, H-Zhena, Rainbow Vests, Eagas, Kangarawa, BearStackof2015, Brotherland, Wiranath, Am Echad, East Malaysia, Asendavia, Talitoa, A Slanted Black Stripe, Ridann, Dragons Blood, Merlovich, Zukchiva, Republic of Berzerkistan, Pakitsk, Libertanny, Tretrid, Axdel, The Eternal Land of Jong, The Three States of Fortuna, Ripsylvania, Mays Austrian Nation, BuciLand, A mean old man, Greater New Cassandra, Santa Dystopia, Survivoristan, La xinga, Stellar Colonies, Ephem, Horn of Havenkaap, Freedom Fascists, New Leganes, Quebec-and-Maritimes, Forro Islands, Lingu, Oofery, Tissandra, Tawuse, Gunov, Coruh, Layngderfleethe, Modra, Acronis, and 18 others.Chrootangtonia, Canzzuk, Anarchica landia, Debluu, Nevertopia, EHTYCSCYTHE, Tassirion, FreedomIand, Dannemarie, Claniangdow, From New World, Hickory Hampton, Eastern Hyront Scassen, Aeoliah, BTProductions, Esoteric Ferrets, Eunopiar, and Cellar Doors.