The People's Republic of Aryax is a massive, orderly nation, ruled by Stanislav Tyrankov with an iron fist, and renowned for its closed borders, ubiquitous missile silos, and keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, cynical, cheerful population of 1.99 billion Aryaxians are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The large, corrupt, moralistic, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Arkanoviverna. The average income tax rate is 97.8%.
The frighteningly efficient Aryaxian economy, worth 339 trillion units a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is fairly diversified, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Trout Farming, and Tourism. Average income is an impressive 170,410 units, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Fat-shaming is now public policy, it is illegal to brush crumbs off your clothing outdoors, military barracks resemble five-star hotels, and war criminals are given full state funerals. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Aryax's national animal is the orca, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Aryax, war criminals are given full state funerals.
- : Aryax was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Advanced Public Transport.
- : Aryax changed its national motto to "NationStates".
- : Aryax was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Efficient Economies.
- : Following new legislation in Aryax, military barracks resemble five-star hotels.
- : Following new legislation in Aryax, it is illegal to brush crumbs off your clothing outdoors.
- : Following new legislation in Aryax, fat-shaming is now public policy.
- : Following new legislation in Aryax, truncheon-mounted cameras record the beating of criminals in dynamic HD detail.
- : Following new legislation in Aryax, Bigtopian relations have become a minefield.
- : Following new legislation in Aryax, earthquake sirens are a leading cause of hearing loss.