The Republic of Auranoria is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its national health service, otherworldly petting zoo, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, hard-working population of 306 million Auranorians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Industry, Healthcare, and Education. The average income tax rate is 33.7%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Auranorian economy, worth 22.9 trillion Zeemarks a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Cheese Exports, Information Technology, and Tourism. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 74,915 Zeemarks, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.0 times as much as the poorest.
Excited shovel-bearing geeks wander the countryside, the nation's laws on image rights are amongst the strictest in the world, powerful x-ray machines used by the Customs Department can see into the homes of nearby residents, and surrogate mothers are encouraged to refer to their wombs as 'rental space'. Crime is totally unknown. Auranoria's national animal is the Dove, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Auranoria was endorsed by The Ancient Uberstani Republic of Ridann.
- : Auranoria was endorsed by The United People's Republic of Coruh.
- : Auranoria was endorsed by The Federation of The Three States of Fortuna.
- : Auranoria was endorsed by The Glorious Kingdom of North Bernia.
- : Auranoria was endorsed by The Federation of Federation Of Columbian Republics.
- : Auranoria was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Healthiest Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Auranoria, surrogate mothers are encouraged to refer to their wombs as 'rental space'.
- : Following new legislation in Auranoria, powerful x-ray machines used by the Customs Department can see into the homes of nearby residents.
- : Following new legislation in Auranoria, the nation's laws on image rights are amongst the strictest in the world.
- : Following new legislation in Auranoria, excited shovel-bearing geeks wander the countryside.
Endorsements Received: 38 » Mays Austrian Nation, Zukchiva, Layngderfleethe, VW53Aland, Debluu, Gunov, New Leganes, Axdel, Brotherland, Dravida India, Arunika, Rainbow Vests, Staynes, A mean old man, Oofery, EHTYCSCYTHE, Marrabuk, Dragons Blood, A Slanted Black Stripe, East Malaysia, Evrigenis, Cellar Doors, Tretrid, Bakesville, Lorrana, BearStackof2015, Outer Verron Swicia Islands, The Bedford Initiative, Santa Dystopia, Eastern Alksearia, Argentianworkslasia, Modra, Namaste Isle, Federation Of Columbian Republics, North Bernia, The Three States of Fortuna, Coruh, and Ridann.