|Animal||Salazarís pit viper|
The Democratic Republic of Baleholm is a huge, genial nation, notable for its frequent executions, devotion to social welfare, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 321 million Baleholmians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The large, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Administration. The average income tax rate is 48.7%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but underdeveloped Baleholmian economy, worth 10.3 trillion Pchains a year, is quite specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Basket Weaving, Soda Sales, and Furniture Restoration. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 31,996 Pchains, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Diplomatic missions typically end with a flurry of childish insults, accusations and phlegm, panels from bankrupt rooftop solar companies are used as props for sci-fi B-movies, the nation is ravaged by daily union strikes, and photographers can be found hiding behind the curtains in Leader's bedroom. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Baleholm's national animal is the Salazarís pit viper, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Baleholm was endorsed by The Holy Crimson n Blue Factory of Aluminum Oxynitride.
- : Baleholm was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments.
- : Baleholm was endorsed by The Western Card Czar of Giovanniland.
- : Following new legislation in Baleholm, photographers can be found hiding behind the curtains in Leader's bedroom.
- : Following new legislation in Baleholm, the nation is ravaged by daily union strikes.
- : Following new legislation in Baleholm, panels from bankrupt rooftop solar companies are used as props for sci-fi B-movies.
- : Following new legislation in Baleholm, diplomatic missions typically end with a flurry of childish insults, accusations and phlegm.
- : Following new legislation in Baleholm, politicians who vacation in East Lebatuck lose their jobs upon their return.
- : Baleholm voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Apulita".
- : Baleholm voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Regulating Desalination".
Endorsements Received: 63 » The Holy Principality of Saint Mark, Salt Lake Mountain, Big Bad Badger, Bran Astor, Fujai, Bucals Kagotoaion, Antahbrantahstan, San Mazer, Recuecn, Dalimbar, Gryphonian Alliance, Liberillia, Cryland, The United Republic of Westend, The Anclave, Acropylae, The Fourth Redoubt, Pandaland II, Westwind, Nieubasria, Sindria, Anuubis, Constantinopolisia, Atheist States of Philippines, The Free States of Gotham, Wyndward, Neon Sweden, Fuentana, Bhang Bhang Duc, Av Libertas Vindex, Numpties, Plankstein, Leukogeras, Holmani, Psikuta, Kisovec, Papercuts and Skittles, Mediobogdum, Mirchusko, Hiems, Divina Patriae, Ferroia, IndyCar Racing, Archonina, The Undivided, Greynne, Condonohia, Wickedly evil people, Quevilis, Atopias, and 13 others.Loegries, The Unified Missourtama States, Valocke, Shaqolandia, Gastenburg, Mathematania, Thyrall, Tropical Isles, Greg Tucker, Carvell, Volkason, Giovanniland, and Aluminum Oxynitride.