The People's Republic of Bananaistan is a gargantuan, cultured nation, remarkable for its pith helmet sales, sprawling nuclear power plants, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, democratic population of 19.423 billion Bananamen hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, outspoken government is primarily concerned with Education, with Healthcare, Environment, and Social Policy also on the agenda, while Spirituality and International Aid aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Shrone. The average income tax rate is 85.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Bananamen economy, worth a remarkable 2,020 trillion Pounds a year, is highly specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Tourism and Information Technology. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 104,037 Pounds, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Graverobbers claim they're acting within the interest of 'scientific preservation', snooze factory is now prison lingo for rehabilitation center, a suspicious number of male students have joined the Ladies' Wrestling League, and editorials that criticize the government are legally obligated to display the "pants on fire" warning. Crime is totally unknown. Bananaistan's national animal is the Ant, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Bananaistan was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Influential.
- : Bananaistan endorsed The Second Green Republic of Uan aa Boa.
- : Bananaistan was endorsed by The Second Green Republic of Uan aa Boa.
- : Bananaistan voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting the Rights of Labour Unions".
- : Bananaistan voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Gay Panic defense Ban".
- : Bananaistan endorsed The Incorporated States of Terrabod.
- : Bananaistan was endorsed by The Incorporated States of Terrabod.
- : Bananaistan voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Fairness in Collective Bargaining"".
- : Bananaistan endorsed The Royal State of Daarwyrth.
- : Bananaistan was endorsed by The Royal State of Daarwyrth.
Endorsements Received: 46 » Ransium, Novian Republics, Ruinenlust, Canaltia, Eryndlynd, Ownzone, Love and Nature, The New Bluestocking Homeland, Feladria, Turbeaux, Caterasia, Window Land, Entitize, Reannia, Ironic Remarks, Cat-Herders United, Bregaria, Lura, Candlewhisper Archive, Verdant Haven, Ordand, Cheloboria, Appendia, Anachronolandia, Frieden-und Freudenland, Effazio, Pen Blanityion, Atsvea, Hyon Delta, Blon Gre, Jutsa, Hoochlandia, Simbolon, The Most Serene Republicans, Crowacia, Blue Nagia, Garbelia, Uniania Geeth, Einswenn, The Cypher Nine, Dark Chocolate Enthusiasts, Rivienland, Verensika, Daarwyrth, Terrabod, and Uan aa Boa.