The Technocratic Republic of Barfleur is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by Andrew II with an even hand, and remarkable for its rum-swilling pirates, ubiquitous missile silos, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 3.338 billion Barfleurians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized, corrupt government prioritizes Defense, although Administration, Education, and Industry are also considered important, while International Aid and Spirituality aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of La Hogue. The average income tax rate is 80.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Barfleurian economy, worth 890 trillion kronor a year, is broadly diversified and mostly comprised of black market activity, especially in Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, Tourism, and Book Publishing. Average income is an amazing 266,729 kronor, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
Hand-to-hand combat experience is udderly essential for all dairy ranchers, the Barfleur Automotive Racing Series draws millions of spectators annually while those near the tracks complain about the noise, the police insist that racism does not exist, and failed genetic experiments wreak havoc as they roam the countryside. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Barfleur's national animal is the beaver, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Free Thought.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Barfleur was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Wealthy Incomes.
- : Barfleur voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Sovereign Justice Accord".
- : Following new legislation in Barfleur, failed genetic experiments wreak havoc as they roam the countryside.
- : Following new legislation in Barfleur, the police insist that racism does not exist.
- : Following new legislation in Barfleur, the Barfleur Automotive Racing Series draws millions of spectators annually while those near the tracks complain about the noise.
- : Following new legislation in Barfleur, hand-to-hand combat experience is udderly essential for all dairy ranchers.
- : Following new legislation in Barfleur, the law says it's okay to sell a bomb to a terrorist so long as they promise not to detonate it.
- : Barfleur voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Ever-Wandering Souls".
- : Following new legislation in Barfleur, suburban families are finding themselves increasingly short on food as they waste precious water on their lawns.
- : Following new legislation in Barfleur, scientists are researching the best way to kill off humanity to prevent catastrophic war.
Endorsements Received: 89 » H-Zhena, Hizuru, Wiranath, BearStackof2015, Squid Ruinosa, Axdel, The Buckeye States, Brotherland, Am Echad, Pakitsk, The Cult of the Great Cthulhu, Gorbastan, Roliganistan, VW53Aland, Kilkire, The United Neo American Union, Plazland, Kangarawa, Libertanny, Dragons Blood, Bullpups, A Slanted Black Stripe, Liberstankonia, Elejamie, United China Nation, Rakshuland, Mundiferrum, Osterreich und Ungarn, New Bradenia Ghost, Firenation91, Matdor, Marrabuk, Taurora, Ridann, Evrigenis, East Malaysia, Rainbow Vests, The island of Kiria, Asendavia, Republic of Berzerkistan, Merlovich, Zukchiva, Grossvietnam, Wizardonia, Federated States of Zootron, Talitoa, Tretrid, Davinhia, The Eternal Land of Jong, Dark Edgyness, and 39 others.Rohanland, Tshana, Headpat Central, Lingu, Ripsylvania, Kalaratri, The Three States of Fortuna, Staynes, Euricanis, Kaigi, Sovietsoyuz, Mays Austrian Nation, Raunch, Bai Lung, Drunken Seal Islands, BuciLand, Quinto Piano, A mean old man, Santa Dystopia, Survivoristan, Slonful, Gyp Land, Castle Federation, La xinga, The Solar Ottomans, Slys Paws, New Leganes, Eastern Hyront Scassen, Neue Leipzig, Stellar Colonies, Technocratic Tagalog, Urimel, Ephem, Modra, CopyCato, Oofery, Horn of Havenkaap, Kavanos, and Propwash.