The Meritocratic Republic of Barfleur is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Andrew II with an even hand, and renowned for its smutty television, punitive income tax rates, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 4.715 billion Barfleurians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Administration, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of La Hogue. The average income tax rate is 86.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Barfleurian economy, worth a remarkable 1,405 trillion kronor a year, is fairly diversified and mostly comprised of black market activity, especially in Arms Manufacturing, Tourism, Information Technology, and Book Publishing. Average income is an amazing 298,104 kronor, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Companies have begun running campaigns to stop people from remembering their brand name, one tree's worth of paperwork accompanies each imported log of timber, sniffer dogs check train passengers for body odour, and young children are regularly seen wagering pocket money at blackjack tables. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Barfleur's national animal is the beaver, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Free Thought.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Barfleur, young children are regularly seen wagering pocket money at blackjack tables.
- : Following new legislation in Barfleur, sniffer dogs check train passengers for body odour.
- : Following new legislation in Barfleur, one tree's worth of paperwork accompanies each imported log of timber.
- : Following new legislation in Barfleur, companies have begun running campaigns to stop people from remembering their brand name.
- : Barfleur endorsed The Republic of Eastocke.
- : Following new legislation in Barfleur, the people's love for Andrew II is little more than self-preservation.
- : Barfleur was endorsed by The Republic of Eastocke.
- : Following new legislation in Barfleur, officials pull all-nighters to check immigrants for potential links to terrorists.
- : Barfleur voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Quebecshire".
- : Barfleur voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting Convicted Voters".
Endorsements Received: 129 » H-Zhena, Hizuru, Wiranath, BearStackof2015, Squid Ruinosa, Axdel, The Buckeye States, Brotherland, Am Echad, Pakitsk, Roliganistan, VW53Aland, Kilkire, Plazland, Kangarawa, Dragons Blood, Bullpups, A Slanted Black Stripe, Elejamie, United China Nation, Rakshuland, Mundiferrum, New Bradenia Ghost, Firenation91, Marrabuk, Taurora, Ridann, East Malaysia, Rainbow Vests, The island of Kiria, Asendavia, Republic of Berzerkistan, Merlovich, Zukchiva, Grossvietnam, Federated States of Zootron, Talitoa, Tretrid, Davinhia, Tshana, Headpat Central, Lingu, Ripsylvania, Kalaratri, The Three States of Fortuna, Staynes, Euricanis, Kaigi, Bai Lung, Drunken Seal Islands, and 79 others.BuciLand, A mean old man, Santa Dystopia, Survivoristan, Slonful, La xinga, The solar ottomans, Slys Paws, New Leganes, Eastern Hyront Scassen, Stellar Colonies, CopyCato, Propwash, Oofery, Tissandra, Tawuse, Gunov, Coruh, Layngderfleethe, Modra, Greater New Cassandra, FreedomIand, Acronis, Nevertopia, Debluu, Anarchica landia, Republic of New India, Sunsistan, Cacnesia, Wallenburg, 3 14159265358979323846264, Tassirion, Dannemarie, Wakeopolis, ArenaC, Dravida India, From New World, Cellar Doors, THE V0ID, Lorrana, Kucia, The Bedford Initiative, Eastern Alksearia, Argentianworkslasia, North Bernia, Jove Mahmo, Konneticut, ReReReRepublic, Cafe Hell, LibRight Libertarianism, Great Algerstonia, Heatherspike, The Kulaata Islands, Tofoon, Lueva, CANZUK 1, Technocratic Tagalog, Fellon, Vessarlian, Spiruvania, BowPen, Pirnovo, Empire of Dabiristan, Obridles, Arasakami, Rhealaliit, Eagle Crest, Devlon, Tierra Fuego, Veterans Association, Maricentria, Aquyia, Dermsie area, Zidium, Northern Celavon, New Era states, Aivintis, Fuflix workers union, and Eastocke.