The Technocratic Republic of Barfleur is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Andrew II with an even hand, and remarkable for its unlimited-speed roads, compulsory military service, and devotion to social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 4.262 billion Barfleurians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Administration, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of La Hogue. The average income tax rate is 82.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Barfleurian economy, worth a remarkable 1,203 trillion kronor a year, is broadly diversified and mostly comprised of black market activity, especially in Arms Manufacturing, Tourism, Information Technology, and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an amazing 282,466 kronor, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
A blood-red mark on the doorframe means a building must be passed over for destruction, the government has declared its commitment to multilateralism, pretending to be prejudiced is a good way to get out of jury duty, and immersive video game experiences are interrupted by incessant disclaimer pop-ups. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Barfleur's national animal is the beaver, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Free Thought.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Barfleur was endorsed by The Incorporated States of Cafe Hell.
- : Barfleur voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Lily".
- : Following new legislation in Barfleur, immersive video game experiences are interrupted by incessant disclaimer pop-ups.
- : Following new legislation in Barfleur, pretending to be prejudiced is a good way to get out of jury duty.
- : Following new legislation in Barfleur, the government has declared its commitment to multilateralism.
- : Following new legislation in Barfleur, a blood-red mark on the doorframe means a building must be passed over for destruction.
- : Following new legislation in Barfleur, the freedom to be free is always just out of reach.
- : Barfleur endorsed The Queendom of Bliacor.
- : Barfleur was endorsed by The Interplanetary Base of ReReReRepublic.
- : Barfleur was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Konneticut.
Endorsements Received: 124 » H-Zhena, Hizuru, Wiranath, BearStackof2015, Squid Ruinosa, Axdel, The Buckeye States, Brotherland, Am Echad, Pakitsk, Roliganistan, VW53Aland, Kilkire, Plazland, Kangarawa, Dragons Blood, Bullpups, A Slanted Black Stripe, Elejamie, United China Nation, Rakshuland, Mundiferrum, New Bradenia Ghost, Firenation91, Marrabuk, Taurora, Ridann, Evrigenis, East Malaysia, Rainbow Vests, The island of Kiria, Asendavia, Republic of Berzerkistan, Merlovich, Zukchiva, Grossvietnam, Wizardonia, Federated States of Zootron, Talitoa, Tretrid, Davinhia, The Eternal Land of Jong, Tshana, Headpat Central, Lingu, Ripsylvania, Kalaratri, The Three States of Fortuna, Staynes, Euricanis, and 74 others.Kaigi, Sovietsoyuz, Mays Austrian Nation, Bai Lung, Drunken Seal Islands, BuciLand, A mean old man, Santa Dystopia, Survivoristan, Slonful, La xinga, The Solar Ottomans, Slys Paws, New Leganes, Eastern Hyront Scassen, Stellar Colonies, Ephem, CopyCato, Horn of Havenkaap, Propwash, Forro Islands, Oofery, Tissandra, Tawuse, Gunov, Coruh, Markhor, Layngderfleethe, Modra, Greater New Cassandra, FreedomIand, Acronis, Nevertopia, Debluu, Anarchica landia, Republic of New India, South Azerbijan, Sunsistan, Yelkinam, Cacnesia, Lanwa, Wallenburg, Luisagna, 3 14159265358979323846264, EHTYCSCYTHE, Tassirion, Dannemarie, Vogar, Wakeopolis, Claniangdow, ArenaC, Ankras, Dravida India, From New World, Aeoliah, Esoteric Ferrets, Cellar Doors, United Socialist States of Amerika, THE V0ID, Insi Karai, Lorrana, Kucia, Bakesville, The Bedford Initiative, Hogwarts of muggles, Eastern Alksearia, Argentianworkslasia, North Bernia, Namaste Isle, Espeon LD, Jove Mahmo, Konneticut, ReReReRepublic, and Cafe Hell.