The Four Islands of Bear Islands is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Jon-Patrick Barclay with a fair hand, and renowned for its keen interest in outer space, irreverence towards religion, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 1.631 billion Bear Islanders hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Beaufort. The average income tax rate is 81.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Bear Islandsian economy, worth 172 trillion bear coins a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Trout Farming, Tourism, and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 105,600 bear coins, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
A formerly quiet little town is now booming as both a cult centre and a tourist attraction, skateparks can be found in every city, a milk bath costs more than bathing in money, and advert breaks are played at lower volumes to make them easier to ignore. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Bear Islands's national animal is the bear, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Bear Islands's influence in Osiris rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Bear Islands's influence in Osiris rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Bear Islands was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Cultured.
- : Bear Islands was refounded in Osiris.
- : Bear Islands ceased to exist in The North Pacific.
- : Bear Islands was endorsed by The Dechnocracy of Xyrron.
- : Bear Islands was endorsed by The Cybernetic Utopia of Steampunk Ariel.
- : Bear Islands was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Politically Free.
- : Bear Islands was endorsed by The Community of Super Girl.
- : Bear Islands was endorsed by The Free Republic of Draconian Progression.