The Arboreal Tangle of Bigstickistan is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by Magnus Johannson with a fair hand, and notable for its rampant corporate plagiarism, smutty television, and daily referendums. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 4.141 billion Bigstickistanii hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The relatively small, liberal, outspoken government prioritizes Education, with Administration, Healthcare, and Industry also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Defense are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Grand Baton. The average income tax rate is 19.0%.
The frighteningly efficient Bigstickistanian economy, worth 621 trillion tally sticks a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Retail, Tourism, and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 150,089 tally sticks, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.3 times as much as the poorest.
Residents of new housing subdivisions complain about the total absence of supermarkets and restaurants, high school band practice is often crashed by technicolor-clad ravers, internet sites are legally unable to stop their users from posting pornography, and fishermen take out second mortgages to afford the yearly fishing permit. Crime is totally unknown. Bigstickistan's national animal is the phasmatodea, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Totemism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Bigstickistan was endorsed by The Commonwealth of The Citizens of Victoria.
- : Bigstickistan voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Military Identification Tag Act"".
- : Following new legislation in Bigstickistan, fishermen take out second mortgages to afford the yearly fishing permit.
- : Following new legislation in Bigstickistan, internet sites are legally unable to stop their users from posting pornography.
- : Following new legislation in Bigstickistan, high school band practice is often crashed by technicolor-clad ravers.
- : Following new legislation in Bigstickistan, residents of new housing subdivisions complain about the total absence of supermarkets and restaurants.
- : Following new legislation in Bigstickistan, public toilets are famed for their rear entries.
- : Bigstickistan was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Poor Incomes.
- : Bigstickistan was endorsed by The Republic of Sirulinuck.
- : Bigstickistan was endorsed by The Republic of Thevinia.
Endorsements Received: 123 » The Holy Principality of Saint Mark, Dalimbar, Bran Astor, Westwind, Greynne, Denieria, Papercuts and Skittles, Gryphonian Alliance, Pandaland III, Condonohia, Grandi Fiori, Bhang Bhang Duc, Psikuta, Crazy Waters, Sensorland, Fallgriffin, WaffenBrightonburg, DiscGolfLand, Triestine, New Belia, Win Mints, Champaign, Comia Noracon, Kisovec, Kittenlicious, Shaktirajya, Glorious Existence, Mirchusko, Twisted Duality, The Undivided, Greg Tucker, Common Good, New Democratic Republic of Russia, Atheist States of Philippines, Dank Content, Recuecn, Liberillia, The Anclave, Archonina, Mathematania, Atopias, Pandaland II, Dilber, Thyrall, Sultanat of Turkistan, Isle Royale, Arnic, Enormous Norman, Lynier, Leukogeras, and 73 others.Meedvheyt, Shaqolandia, Akshireuya, Numpties, Great Sheriffdom, Fourth European Reich, Fujai, Big Bad Badger, Orcatortugs, Constantinopolisia, Tropical Isles, CaskistalanarisKirkjubjark, United Adaikes, Mercia Regnum, Wyndward, Probablynotverygoodistan, Ferroia, Cryland, The United Republic of Westend, United States of Northern America, Divina Patriae, Wickedly evil people, Saint Philip and Laurence, 3kruimels, Kiensu, Dreamers for Hope, Fumafuma, The divisive isolationists, Cro Magnon, Fuentana, Holmani, Pi Island, New Cerveza, The Fourth Redoubt, Fielure, Marina Nova, Arcadim, Avadon, Gastenburg, Svanland, Xupqeu, Nieubasria, BoxcarJim, The Unified Missourtama States, Santos-Dominius, Arracrania, IndyCar Racing, Eiriann, Moriari, Av Libertas Vindex, Eienn, Vlobbania, Plankstein, United Auroran Republic, Hiems, Mediobogdum, Estriacea, Schlesien-Galizien, Anuubis, Saransh, The Antarctic Empires, Quevilis, The United Tribes of Bantai, Zoran, Carvell, Volkason, Willow Gate, Troodan, Giovanniland, Aluminum Oxynitride, Thevinia, Sirulinuck, and The Citizens of Victoria.