The Republike of Boreia is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by Andrej Lončar with a fair hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, daily referendums, and free-roaming dinosaurs. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 5.187 billion Borejsci enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The medium-sized, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Trieste. The average income tax rate is 54.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Borejski economy, worth 589 trillion euros a year, is fairly diversified and dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Arms Manufacturing, and Uranium Mining. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 113,593 euros, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
A common response to government PSAs is "well, DUH, obviously", most households' childcare costs are higher than their mortgage payments, saying "don't do anything that Andrej Lončar wouldn't do" doesn't exclude a great deal, and no one is quite sure what many government officials look like. Crime is totally unknown. Boreia's national animal is the horse, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Boreia was endorsed by The Riverside Van of Lemonadia.
- : Boreia was endorsed by The Republic of Castarilia.
- : Boreia was endorsed by The Constitutional Monarchy of Broustan.
- : Boreia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Compassionate Citizens.
- : Boreia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Rudest Citizens and Most Compassionate Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Boreia, no one is quite sure what many government officials look like.
- : Following new legislation in Boreia, saying "don't do anything that Andrej Lončar wouldn't do" doesn't exclude a great deal.
- : Following new legislation in Boreia, most households' childcare costs are higher than their mortgage payments.
- : Boreia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Cultured.
- : Boreia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Information Technology Sector.
Endorsements Received: 33 » Andusre, Marie Byrd, Islonia, Titanne, Fishergate, Rayekka, Giant Redwoods, The Bigtopia, ASEAN Nations, Korsinia, Faelauntz, World Trade, Shoila, The Marconian State, Catlin, Celdoria, Uppenja, Marvinville, Fyoria, Ermica, Besancia, Rushenberg, Hulldom, Taralania, Dizgovzy, Le Caldreaux, Pap Sculgief, North Hinterlund, Zanaana, Taungu, The Peoples Caribbean Union, Castarilia, and Lemonadia.