The Team of Bortalandet is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by Nelg Nillyg with an even hand, and renowned for its public floggings, irreverence towards religion, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate population of 1.183 billion Bortas have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large government prioritizes Education, with Law & Order, Welfare, and Environment also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Defense aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Orbero. The average income tax rate is 54.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Borta economy, worth 97.4 trillion Flingas a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 82,350 Flingas, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
No one engages in 'locker room talk' any more, high school bands practice by moonlight, consumption of cat memes has skyrocketed, and lawyers turn down litigation cases and corporate work in order to focus on lucrative public defence work. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Bortalandet's national animal is the Polar Hedgehog, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Atheism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Bortalandet, lawyers turn down litigation cases and corporate work in order to focus on lucrative public defence work.
- : Following new legislation in Bortalandet, consumption of cat memes has skyrocketed.
- : Following new legislation in Bortalandet, high school bands practice by moonlight.
- : Following new legislation in Bortalandet, no one engages in 'locker room talk' any more.
- : Following new legislation in Bortalandet, skateparks can be found in every city.
- : Following new legislation in Bortalandet, most of the nation's wealthy aristocrats are dentists.
- : Following new legislation in Bortalandet, one-man canoes fitted with the latest tracking technology leave no room for one man.
- : Following new legislation in Bortalandet, vital intelligence-gathering activities are often put on hold for Call of Honor tournaments.
- : Following new legislation in Bortalandet, party leaders rely on horoscopes to create "ticket balance".
- : Following new legislation in Bortalandet, the new national campaign exhorts men to "Show Some Class - Don't Sit On Your Ass".
Endorsements Received: 71 » Fedele, United China Nation, H-Zhena, A Slanted Black Stripe, Marrico, The Happian Union, Wiranath, Fraxhemark, Todd McCloud, Aelitia, Bachtendekuppen, Ridann, Brotherland, Euricanis, Republic of Berzerkistan, Merlovich, Davelands, Tim Stark, Axdel, Socialist Holy American Empire, The Sacred Whale, Neruch, Arkantis, Shantan, VW53Aland, Roissyland, Solarfall, Eagas, Pakitsk, Pulmonaria, Bullpups, Thyaclinia, Hizuru, CopyCato, The Angel of Charity, Osterreich und Ungarn, Shavara, Squid Ruinosa, The Holy Empire of Moronica, Restoration of Eastern Kaiserreich, The Holy Utopian Republic, Brethren, BearStackof2015, Rhealaliit, Janoobi Jazair, Taya Dust, Just Vale 2, Talitoa, The Buckeye States, Someseni, and 21 others.Am Echad, Stellar Colonies, Ravendi, TheRuthenians, The Cult of the Great Cthulhu, Astroa, Sadinata, Zukchiva, CheeseBurrito, Kilkire, Devlon, Justice-Becoming, Kingdom of Pars, Kingdom of dragoon, Headpat Central, Roliganistan, Aleister, Opossum Slayer, Funkadelia, Greater Felter, and The United Neo American Union.