The Commonwealth of Brid is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Bluebrid with a fair hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, daily referendums, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, democratic population of 6.727 billion Bridians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The enormous, outspoken government prioritizes Education, although Environment, Healthcare, and Welfare are also considered important, while Spirituality and International Aid receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Starbrid. The average income tax rate is 67.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Bridian economy, worth 361 trillion credits a year, is quite specialized and led by the Trout Farming industry, with significant contributions from Basket Weaving, Book Publishing, and Tourism. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 53,665 credits, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Bridians seem to be catching more chills, mechanics are often exhausted by their work, you need two tenors and a coloratura contralto to sing the national anthem properly, and people seem disproportionately distraught when told a museum has a phones-off policy. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Brid's national animal is the jellyfish, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Brid voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Long-Term Storage Of Produced Waste".
- : Brid voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Kelssek".
- : Brid voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Freedom Of Association".
- : Brid voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Voting Equality for Freed Inmates"".
- : Brid voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Honeydewistania".
- : Brid voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Reducing Microplastics".
- : Brid voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Marrabuk".
- : Brid voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Digital Network Defense"".
- : Brid voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Blood Donation Safety and Equality Act".
- : Brid voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Military Death Penalty Ban".
Endorsements Received: None.