|Leader||Justinian and Theodora|
The Holy Empire of Byzant is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Justinian and Theodora with an iron fist, and remarkable for its strictly enforced bedtime, keen interest in outer space, and compulsory military service. The compassionate, hard-working, cynical, cheerful, devout population of 33.729 billion Byzantians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The medium-sized, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Constantinople. The average income tax rate is 1.2%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Byzantian economy, worth a remarkable 5,215 trillion bezants a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Uranium Mining industry, with significant contributions from Furniture Restoration and Cheese Exports. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 154,638 bezants, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.2 times as much as the poorest.
Billions are being spent on a new island airport, nudity is frowned upon, the people are famous throughout the region for their perfect yellow teeth, and no-one can foil the ambitions of Big Aluminium. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Byzant's national animal is the eagle, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, and its national religion is Orthodoxy.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Byzant, no-one can foil the ambitions of Big Aluminium.
- : Following new legislation in Byzant, the people are famous throughout the region for their perfect yellow teeth.
- : Following new legislation in Byzant, nudity is frowned upon.
- : Following new legislation in Byzant, billions are being spent on a new island airport.
- : Following new legislation in Byzant, grinding bureaucracy has the international wheels of justice turning slowly.
- : Following new legislation in Byzant, commercial jingles have been ham-handedly forced into world renowned symphonies.
- : Following new legislation in Byzant, agriculture is heavily subsidized by the government.
- : Following new legislation in Byzant, young children are regularly seen wagering pocket money at blackjack tables.
- : Byzant endorsed The Disputed Territories of Agua de Pelar Porco II.
- : Byzant was endorsed by The Disputed Territories of Agua de Pelar Porco II.
Endorsements Received: 43 » Sarotte, Farrakhan, Perfect Sublime Masters, Panormia, Unibot III, Melon feud, Zavea, The Pacific Caliphate, FiTzGEraLdLAnD, Rubian Empire, Aggro, Euroanatolian Greece, Emeseses, Pettlland, Islamic Republic e Jariri, Aqueira, Yoshiterra, Andromeda Islands, Doormat to the Lord, Magrinia, Thus Sprach Zarathustra, Zerentopia, Delight, Greater Cesnica, Fragmented Spero, North Comunist Awelanius, Visionary Union, Aandruzognivia, Nation of Urie, Razorback, Mundanus, Alpharoland, Arinteriswith, Crazy Firemen, Thuringia Reich, Black Hawk Raider Refugees, A Leaf on the Wind, Trinite, Bormiar, United Libor Lefunkistan, Cleo and Topaz, Juvena, and Agua de Pelar Porco II.