The Benevolent Dictatorship of Canterburie is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Blind Paladin with a fair hand, and renowned for its daily referendums, public floggings, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless, devout population of 33.961 billion Canterburieans enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The minute government, or what there is of one, prioritizes Education, although Defense is also considered important, while Social Policy and Welfare aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Maranatha. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Canterburiean economy, worth an astonishing 14,825 trillion Braille dollars a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is fairly diversified and dominated by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Retail, Information Technology, and Book Publishing. Average income is an amazing 436,533 Braille dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
Nobody is allowed to stop the local daycare from reading Nietzsche to pre-schoolers, euthanasia is illegal, nude art is becoming wildly popular, and Porcupine is one of the most popular forenames in Canterburie. Crime is all-pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. Canterburie's national animal is the Porcupine, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Anglicanism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Canterburie, Porcupine is one of the most popular forenames in Canterburie.
- : Following new legislation in Canterburie, nude art is becoming wildly popular.
- : Following new legislation in Canterburie, euthanasia is illegal.
- : Canterburie changed its national motto to "Soli Deo Gloria".
- : Canterburie altered its national flag.
- : Following new legislation in Canterburie, nobody is allowed to stop the local daycare from reading Nietzsche to pre-schoolers.
- : Following new legislation in Canterburie, the populace harbors a fierce hatred of the metric system.
- : Following new legislation in Canterburie, Maranatha is a police state during international summits.
- : Following new legislation in Canterburie, most of the military's funding goes into researching space-age weaponry.
- : Following new legislation in Canterburie, the debts of the father fall upon the son.
Endorsements Received: 16 » Kaputer, Aelhaeran, Senexia, Zenzibar, Poopsancagizal, Snorlaxia, UNDelegate, Arbonium, Octal, Republica JIM, Neo Jewsalem, Luciferio, Sheepcote, Otoro, Egoistic Markets, and Darren j.