|Leader||Dr Vylka Adriana Cahill née Dovetsky|
The Republic of Canthuria is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Dr Vylka Adriana Cahill née Dovetsky with a fair hand, and renowned for its compulsory military service, keen interest in outer space, and multi-spousal wedding ceremonies. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 1.86 billion Canthurians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The large, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Becleister. The average income tax rate is 72.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Canthurian economy, worth 188 trillion Rahls a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Retail. Average income is an impressive 101,179 Rahls, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Interest in globalism never flags, school lockers are filled with fancy underwear, open-casket funerals are avoided at all cost, and people seem disproportionately distraught when told a museum has a phones-off policy. Crime is totally unknown. Canthuria's national animal is the Cat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Canthuria, people seem disproportionately distraught when told a museum has a phones-off policy.
- : Following new legislation in Canthuria, open-casket funerals are avoided at all cost.
- : Following new legislation in Canthuria, school lockers are filled with fancy underwear.
- : Following new legislation in Canthuria, interest in globalism never flags.
- : Following new legislation in Canthuria, female newsreaders distract the nation by breastfeeding during broadcast.
- : Canthuria was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Civil Rights Lovefest".
- : Following new legislation in Canthuria, invasive drug testing is now performed at elementary school sports days.
- : Canthuria was reclassified from "Civil Rights Lovefest" to "New York Times Democracy".
- : Following new legislation in Canthuria, a milk bath costs more than bathing in money.
- : Following new legislation in Canthuria, hospitals fear government fines more than terrorist ransoms.
Endorsements Received: 53 » Marrabuk, Wiranath, VW53Aland, Zukchiva, H-Zhena, Brotherland, Ridann, Axdel, The Eternal Land of Jong, Dragons Blood, Bachtendekuppen, Todd McCloud, Tretrid, The Three States of Fortuna, Evrigenis, Mays Austrian Nation, Staynes, A mean old man, Santa Dystopia, East Malaysia, Ephem, BuciLand, Horn of Havenkaap, New Leganes, Asendavia, Rainbow Vests, Oofery, Lingu, Sunsistan, Coruh, Plazland, Modra, Greater New Cassandra, Acronis, Anarchica landia, Debluu, Layngderfleethe, EHTYCSCYTHE, Nevertopia, Tassirion, Dannemarie, From New World, Kangarawa, Aeoliah, A Slanted Black Stripe, Insi Karai, Lorrana, BearStackof2015, The Bedford Initiative, Under Upper Antartica, and 3 others.Fuflix workers union, Eastern Alksearia, and Namaste Isle.