The Commonwealth of Captain Cold is a massive, efficient nation, notable for its public floggings, complete lack of prisons, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 3.174 billion Central City Citizens are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
The tiny, pro-business, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Welfare, and Education. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 5.5%.
The thriving Captain Coldian economy, worth 241 trillion Dollars a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Gambling industry, with major contributions from Uranium Mining, Book Publishing, and Pizza Delivery. Average income is 76,111 Dollars, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 255,505 per year while the poor average 16,823, a ratio of 15.2 to 1.
Police regularly arrest families playing Monopoly, returning tourists and businessmen are detained without trial if they belong to the "wrong" religion, telling someone to 'break a leg' is considered a criminal inducement to self harm, and movement-triggered sensors mean that for every door that closes another one opens. Crime, especially youth-related, is a problem, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Captain Cold's national animal is the Penguin, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to heavy metals seepage into national waterways.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Captain Cold's influence in Archipelago Of Hermits rose from "Apprentice" to "Vassal".
- : Captain Cold's influence in Archipelago Of Hermits rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : Captain Cold's influence in Archipelago Of Hermits rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Captain Cold's influence in Archipelago Of Hermits rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Captain Cold resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Captain Cold's influence in Archipelago Of Hermits rose from "Zero" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Captain Cold relocated from Devide by Zero to Archipelago Of Hermits.
- : Captain Cold endorsed The Republic of Dyllon Lunacado.
- : Captain Cold was admitted to the World Assembly.
- : Captain Cold's influence in Devide by Zero rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".