|Animal||Mariana Fruit Dove|
The First Republic of Chalan is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by President Takari with an even hand, and renowned for its keen interest in outer space, pith helmet sales, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 1.8 billion Chalanians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Saipan. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 72.5%.
The frighteningly efficient Chalanian economy, worth 259 trillion Moneroes a year, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Retail. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 144,293 Moneroes, with the richest citizens earning 5.8 times as much as the poorest.
The "war on terror" doesn't seem to be making Chalanians any less frightened, five-year-olds chanting "Little Miss Muffet" are accused of bullying arachnophobes, a favorite "life hack" for gap year backpackers is to pretend to be homeless for government handouts, and sleep-deprived officials are known to collapse after late night revision for their examinations. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Chalan's national animal is the Mariana Fruit Dove, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Chalan, sleep-deprived officials are known to collapse after late night revision for their examinations.
- : Following new legislation in Chalan, a favorite "life hack" for gap year backpackers is to pretend to be homeless for government handouts.
- : Chalan voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Fairness in Collective Bargaining"".
- : Following new legislation in Chalan, five-year-olds chanting "Little Miss Muffet" are accused of bullying arachnophobes.
- : Following new legislation in Chalan, the "war on terror" doesn't seem to be making Chalanians any less frightened.
- : Chalan voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Lily".
- : Following new legislation in Chalan, psychiatrists that date patients are congratulated on their romantic conquests.
- : Following new legislation in Chalan, annual government budgets include a sizeable spend on "making things look fabulous".
- : Chalan voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Supporting People with Disabilities".
- : Following new legislation in Chalan, more than one company makes the board game Monopoly.
Endorsements Received: 62 » H-Zhena, Evrigenis, Mays Austrian Nation, Staynes, Brotherland, Todd McCloud, Rainbow Vests, Pakitsk, Wiranath, BuciLand, VW53Aland, Marrabuk, BearStackof2015, The Federation of Osea and Yukotobonia, The Eternal Land of Jong, Freedom Fascists, Monix, Greater New Cassandra, East Malaysia, FreedomIand, Axdel, Dragons Blood, ArenaC, Grossvietnam, Stellar Colonies, Debluu, Layngderfleethe, Zukchiva, Merlovich, Horn of Havenkaap, Schrebia, La xinga, Tretrid, New Leganes, A mean old man, Asendavia, Forro Islands, Oofery, Lingu, Coruh, Markhor, Sunsistan, Modra, Acronis, Wallenburg, Anarchica landia, The Three States of Fortuna, Nevertopia, EHTYCSCYTHE, Tassirion, and 12 others.Dannemarie, Santa Dystopia, Kangarawa, Aeoliah, A Slanted Black Stripe, Insi Karai, Lorrana, Under Upper Antartica, North Bernia, The Bedford Initiative, Eastern Alksearia, and Namaste Isle.