The Tribal Democratic Union of Champaign is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Piper Wright with a fair hand, and notable for its soft-spoken computers, state-planned economy, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 15.155 billion Tribesmen are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Urbana. The average income tax rate is 98.8%.
The frighteningly efficient Champaignian economy, worth a remarkable 2,696 trillion Dollars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing and Information Technology. Average income is an impressive 177,949 Dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Local mafias have a tough time disposing of dead snitches without catching the attention of recycling authorities, park rangers perform full-body searches on suspected fungus smugglers, the government officially wants you to slow down and speak more clearly, and politicians are often found scavenging bins at night to supplement their income. Crime is totally unknown. Champaign's national animal is the Otter, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, and its national religion is Rastafarianism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Champaign, politicians are often found scavenging bins at night to supplement their income.
- : Following new legislation in Champaign, the government officially wants you to slow down and speak more clearly.
- : Champaign endorsed The Virtuous Republic of Orson Welles.
- : Champaign voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Syria".
- : Champaign voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Pedagogical Freedom".
- : Champaign was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Valuable International Artwork.
- : Champaign was endorsed by The Virtuous Republic of Orson Welles.
- : Following new legislation in Champaign, park rangers perform full-body searches on suspected fungus smugglers.
- : Following new legislation in Champaign, local mafias have a tough time disposing of dead snitches without catching the attention of recycling authorities.
- : Following new legislation in Champaign, surveillance cameras are banned.
Endorsements Received: 87 » Ashkan, Oometz, Wickedly evil people, WyEast, Archonina, Mirchusko, Condonohia, Pandaland III, Nevafornia, The Undivided, Fujai, Gryphonian Alliance, Papercuts and Skittles, Bran Astor, Westwind, Kittenlicious, Bhang Bhang Duc, Shaktirajya, Cryland, Tannhauser Gate, Crazy Waters, Sensorland, Ferroia, Great Sheriffdom, Liberillia, Atheist States of Philippines, Kisovec, The United Republic of Westend, Bigstickistan, Pandaland II, New Belia, Numpties, Arnic, Akshireuya, Probablynotverygoodistan, United States of Northern America, Cro Magnon, Fuentana, Quevilis, Fielure, The Fourth Redoubt, Pi Island, Kiensu, Nieubasria, Leukogeras, Arracrania, IndyCar Racing, Einherfell, Plankstein, Zoran, and 37 others.Fallen Iron Duke, Mediobogdum, Nas Crustium, Estriacea, Anuubis, Marshalia, Carvell, Volkason, Biko Heljamge, The divisive isolationists, Grand Republic of the Sun, Dankinsted, Thevinia, Emark, Giovanniland, Dilber, Gracelantia, Samueliebox, Sirulinuck, Felris, Hamburg Neo, Fhaengshia, Holmani, The Free States of Gotham, Moriari, Mercia Regnum, Arvladma, BIteland, Santos-Dominius, Professor Thomas, Kurabis, Av Libertas Vindex, Newfieisland, Aldesport, Wild Wild 100s, Dalimbar, and Orson Welles.