The Tribal Democratic Union of Champaign is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Piper Wright with a fair hand, and notable for its rum-swilling pirates, state-planned economy, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 16.064 billion Tribesmen are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Urbana. The average income tax rate is 99.0%.
The frighteningly efficient Champaignian economy, worth a remarkable 2,918 trillion Dollars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing and Information Technology. Average income is an impressive 181,687 Dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
A government program is underway to revitalize Champaign's beaches, the nationalised Arms Manufacturing Industry is not interested in making weapons, roads are often attended by round-the-clock construction crews, and artists are pillars of society. Crime is totally unknown. Champaign's national animal is the Otter, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, and its national religion is Rastafarianism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Champaign voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Lily".
- : Following new legislation in Champaign, artists are pillars of society.
- : Following new legislation in Champaign, roads are often attended by round-the-clock construction crews.
- : Champaign voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Supporting People with Disabilities".
- : Following new legislation in Champaign, the nationalised Arms Manufacturing Industry is not interested in making weapons.
- : Following new legislation in Champaign, a government program is underway to revitalize Champaign's beaches.
- : Champaign voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Commend Northern Borland"".
- : Following new legislation in Champaign, it is not politically correct to suspect that a serially convicted burglar might steal again.
- : Following new legislation in Champaign, the consent form for routine blood pressure measurement has been nominated for the 'Novel Of The Year' award.
- : Following new legislation in Champaign, the newly revamped army is so eager for action that it has trouble keeping the peace.
Endorsements Received: 79 » Ashkan, Wickedly evil people, Archonina, Mirchusko, Condonohia, Nevafornia, The Undivided, Fujai, Gryphonian Alliance, Papercuts and Skittles, Westwind, Kittenlicious, Shaktirajya, Crazy Waters, Sensorland, Ferroia, Great Sheriffdom, Liberillia, Atheist States of Philippines, Kisovec, Pandaland II, New Belia, Arnic, Akshireuya, Probablynotverygoodistan, Cro Magnon, Fuentana, Pi Island, Kiensu, Nieubasria, Leukogeras, Arracrania, IndyCar Racing, Einherfell, Zoran, Fallen Iron Duke, Mediobogdum, Nas Crustium, Anuubis, Marshalia, Volkason, The divisive isolationists, Grand Republic of the Sun, Giovanniland, Dilber, Gracelantia, Samueliebox, Hamburg Neo, Holmani, The Free States of Gotham, and 29 others.Moriari, Arvladma, BIteland, Professor thomas, Aldesport, Wild Wild 100s, Orson Welles, Willow Gate, Plarland Amex, Bhang Bhang Duc, Zuriath, Mackieron, Baxterra, Pepinooo, The United Republic of Westend, DiscGolfLand, Lodiberdade, Eastern Bahia, Wellington Bingbong, Hilang Kuss, A virtual triad, Xicqy, Schlesien-Galizien, Arifiyyah, Schantan, Weratt, Leecanda, Aluminum Oxynitride, and New Will Land.