The Federation of Chatt is a small, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its state-planned economy, frequent executions, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 32 million Chattanoogans are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The medium-sized, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 42.0%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but inefficient Chattanoogan economy, worth 1.26 trillion marks a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient black market in Information Technology, Book Publishing, Retail, and Beef-Based Agriculture. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 39,519 marks, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Robosexual marriages are increasingly common, the government is expanding hungrily in its conquest of bread, murder rates are on the rise as the popularity of soylent products grows, and barbed wire entanglements and guard towers surround the Chatt City Natural History Museum. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Chatt's national animal is the falcon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Chatt was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Authoritarian.
- : Following new legislation in Chatt, barbed wire entanglements and guard towers surround the Chatt City Natural History Museum.
- : Following new legislation in Chatt, murder rates are on the rise as the popularity of soylent products grows.
- : Chatt was reclassified from "Psychotic Dictatorship" to "Corrupt Dictatorship".
- : Following new legislation in Chatt, the government is expanding hungrily in its conquest of bread.
- : Chatt was reclassified from "Iron Fist Consumerists" to "Psychotic Dictatorship".
- : Following new legislation in Chatt, robosexual marriages are increasingly common.
- : Following new legislation in Chatt, elementary school students are required to master Bach's Chaconne in D before graduation.
- : Chatt voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Promotion of Recycling".
- : Chatt was endorsed by The Imperium Duchy of Grand Termina.