The Republic of Chriona is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its pith helmet sales, frequent executions, and digital currency. The compassionate population of 609 million Chrionans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Endeavour. The average income tax rate is 52.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Chrionan economy, worth 47.1 trillion Krions a year, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Trout Farming, Book Publishing, and Arms Manufacturing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 77,420 Krions, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.5 times as much as the poorest.
Toy versions of heroin paraphernalia let kids pretend to be their favourite TV characters, would-be emigrants are told "abandon all hope all ye who would exit here", the government has legalised small-scale capitalism, and it turns out that money can buy you happiness. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Chriona's national animal is the Sheba, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Chriona was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Trout Fishing Sector and the Top 10% for Largest Publishing Industry.
- : Chriona voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Provisional Rule in Wartime".
- : Chriona voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Northern Borland".
- : Following new legislation in Chriona, it turns out that money can buy you happiness.
- : Following new legislation in Chriona, the government has legalised small-scale capitalism.
- : Chriona was reclassified from "Democratic Socialists" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- : Following new legislation in Chriona, would-be emigrants are told "abandon all hope all ye who would exit here".
- : Following new legislation in Chriona, toy versions of heroin paraphernalia let kids pretend to be their favourite TV characters.
- : Following new legislation in Chriona, Chriona's first free elections in recent memory have been successfully concluded.
- : Chriona was reclassified from "Corrupt Dictatorship" to "Democratic Socialists".
Endorsements Received: 98 » Zukchiva, Pakitsk, Todd McCloud, Goodnamesarerare, Republic of Berzerkistan, BearStackof2015, Imperial Akatsuki, Rainbow Vests, Roliganistan, Khadah, Trimmania, Moewland, Drunken Seal Islands, Brotherland, Freedom Fascists, Headpat Central, Greater New Cassandra, Ridann, Taurora, VW53Aland, Kaigi, A Slanted Black Stripe, Unger under over, Chubaka, Blobbo, Lanagon, Euricanis, Bai Lung, Wiranath, Wizardonia, Staynes, Grossvietnam, Socialist Holy American Empire, Mays Austrian Nation, Calbee, ReeK, Adavan, Slys Paws, Dragonia, Eagas, Kangarawa, Axdel, The Soviet Space Commie Union, The Almighty Country, H-Zhena, Riveraland, Dark Edgyness, Joundia, Elejamie, New Leganes, and 48 others.Under Sea Desert, Adolanta, CopyCato, Federated States of Zootron, Ripsylvania, The Death Syndicate, Survivoristan, BuciLand, Bullpups, Propwash, New Bradenia Ghost, Talitoa, Kelsyth, Rhealaliit, Cellar Doors, Am Echad, East Malaysia, Galve, Outer Verron Swicia Islands, Santa Dystopia, Tretrid, Evrigenis, CANZUK 1, Great Aztlatan CommonWealth, Libertanny, The island of Kiria, La xinga, Gyp Land, Dragons Blood, Eastern Hyront Scassen, Grey Haven of Tauraucania, Urimel, Ephem, Kagorg Bra Corna, Azakhuland, Horn of Havenkaap, Castle Federation, Kriov, Enlil, Forro Islands, Aivintis, Quebec-and-Maritimes, Oofery, Lingu, Acronis, Technocratic Tagalog, Coruh, and Markhor.