|Leader||President Victoria Clefson|
The Monarchical Republic of Christos is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by President Victoria Clefson with a fair hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, state-planned economy, and daily referendums. The compassionate, democratic population of 4.599 billion Christosians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous government prioritizes Education, with Environment, Administration, and Industry also on the agenda. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Coronasburg. The average income tax rate is 76.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Christosian economy, worth 425 trillion Dollarmarks a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Basket Weaving, and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. Average income is 92,535 Dollarmarks, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Cults that offer eternal life after death to those who follow a self-sacrificing saviour are frowned upon, the dessert 'Death by Chocolate' isn't the most lethal dish on the menu, the government is a proud sponsor of the National Gaming Association, and workers have seized control of the economy. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Christos's national animal is the Emperor Penguin, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Christos published "Nations in the Christos Universe" (Factbook: International).
- : Christos voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Military Identification Tag Act"".
- : Christos withdrew its endorsement from The Federation of Lauchenoiria.
- : Christos endorsed The Huenyan Empire of Xiomera.
- : Christos voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Regulating Desalination".
- : Christos voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Apulita".
- : Christos voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Language and Education Rights for Deaf Individuals".
- : Christos was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations and the Top 10% for Most Subsidized Industry.
- : Christos was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Healthiest Citizens.
- : Christos altered its national flag.