The Free Land of Cumidava is a huge, cultured nation, remarkable for its compulsory military service, ubiquitous missile silos, and smutty television. The hard-nosed population of 328 million Cumidavans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Education, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Buridava. The average income tax rate is 49.5%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The Cumidavan economy, worth 27.0 trillion bans a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Basket Weaving, Trout Farming, and Gambling. Black market activity is extensive. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 82,323 bans, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.8 times as much as the poorest.
The citizenship exam requires years of study to actually pass, foreign despots proudly bandstand on Cumidavan airwaves, the only record being broken at sporting events is the highest death toll, and citizens are enjoying a recent large cut in taxes. Crime, especially youth-related, is relatively low, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Cumidava's national animal is the barbarian, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Cumidava endorsed The Republic of San Diego Islands.
- : Cumidava was endorsed by The Republic of San Diego Islands.
- : Following new legislation in Cumidava, citizens are enjoying a recent large cut in taxes.
- : Cumidava endorsed The Devastation of Cro Magnon.
- : Following new legislation in Cumidava, the only record being broken at sporting events is the highest death toll.
- : Cumidava was endorsed by The Devastation of Cro Magnon.
- : Following new legislation in Cumidava, foreign despots proudly bandstand on Cumidavan airwaves.
- : Following new legislation in Cumidava, the citizenship exam requires years of study to actually pass.
- : Cumidava voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Ban on Forced Blood Sports".
- : Following new legislation in Cumidava, the populace has developed a mortal fear of the woods.
Endorsements Received: 39 » Wickedly evil people, Bran Astor, Eskaton, Chitra, The Unified Missourtama States, San Mazer, Recuecn, Big Bad Badger, Fujai, Durtoss, Mediobogdum, Dalimbar, The Antarctic Empires, Anuubis, Liberillia, New Belia, Fuentana, The Holy Principality of Saint Mark, Nieubasria, Numpties, Marshalia, Bhang Bhang Duc, Common Good, DiscGolfLand, Holmani, Pandaland III, Westwind, Pandaland II, United Taterville, Eleftherios venizelos, Greater Lavenia, Europity, Fallen Iron Duke, Giovanniland, Avystan, Papercuts and Skittles, Aluminum Oxynitride, Cro Magnon, and San Diego Islands.