|Capital||The City of Dahom|
The Fury of Dahom is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Al-Anazi with a fair hand, and remarkable for its teetotalling pirates, state-planned economy, and public floggings. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless population of 5.122 billion Dahomians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The large, corrupt, liberal government juggles the competing demands of Industry, Education, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of The City of Dahom. The average income tax rate is 74.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Dahomian economy, worth 726 trillion Moneyzes a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a large, well-organized, fairly diversified black market in Arms Manufacturing, Tourism, Information Technology, and Woodchip Exports. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 141,805 Moneyzes, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.8 times as much as the poorest.
A bill to outlaw math homework has been submitted, immigrants who carry knives on them are presumed to be chefs, citizens complain about a burning sensation after bathing, and a typical fast food menu item could serve a small army. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Dahom's national animal is the Lion, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Our religion.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Dahom was endorsed by The Kingdom of Grey Haven of Tauraucania.
- : Dahom was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Timber Woodchipping Industry.
- : Following new legislation in Dahom, a typical fast food menu item could serve a small army.
- : Following new legislation in Dahom, citizens complain about a burning sensation after bathing.
- : Following new legislation in Dahom, immigrants who carry knives on them are presumed to be chefs.
- : Dahom was endorsed by The Liberal Empire of Arkalarius.
- : Following new legislation in Dahom, a bill to outlaw math homework has been submitted.
- : Dahom was reclassified from "Left-Leaning College State" to "Civil Rights Lovefest".
- : Following new legislation in Dahom, pedal-powered removal vans are a popular Maxxmas gift for the children of separated parents.
- : Following new legislation in Dahom, school lockers are filled with fancy underwear.
Endorsements Received: 73 » Brotherland, ReeK, Am Echad, H-Zhena, A Slanted Black Stripe, Arkantis, Bullpups, Kangarawa, Dragonia, CopyCato, Wiranath, Mastariere, Socialist Holy American Empire, Someseni, VW53Aland, Gorbastan, Dark Edgyness, Cantonese Union, Axdel, Hizuru, Republic of Berzerkistan, Neruch, Euricanis, BearStackof2015, The Cult of the Great Cthulhu, Pakitsk, Kilkire, The United Neo American Union, The United Asian Republics, Plazland, Libertanny, Dragons Blood, Stanisiti, Liberstankonia, The Death Syndicate, Sericena, Firenation91, Brethren, Marrabuk, Stellar Colonies, Rhealaliit, United China Nation, Evrigenis, Monix, Asendavia, Kalaratri, Merlovich, Zukchiva, Ridann, Stumptopia, and 23 others.Modra, Fellon, Bermadia, The Eternal Land of Jong, Todd McCloud, Tretrid, Lingu, BuciLand, The Three States of Fortuna, Coruh, Staynes, Peoples Republic of GG, Aivintis, Rainbow Vests, Jakubonia, Mays Austrian Nation, Oofery, Greater New Cassandra, The Atlae Isles, Filipopol, A mean old man, Arkalarius, and Grey Haven of Tauraucania.