The Republic of Daqaan is a huge, safe nation, remarkable for its compulsory military service. The hard-working population of 389 million Daqaanis have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Defense. The average income tax rate is 22.3%.
The Daqaanian economy, worth 19.1 trillion Kaals a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Furniture Restoration industry, with major contributions from Gambling, Door-to-door Insurance Sales, and Basket Weaving. Average income is 49,050 Kaals, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.2 times as much as the poorest.
Elementary school students are required to master Bach's Chaconne in D before graduation. Crime, especially youth-related, is almost non-existent, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Daqaan's national animal is the Tiger, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Daqaan's influence in Democratic Socialist Assembly rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Daqaan's influence in Democratic Socialist Assembly rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Daqaan's influence in Democratic Socialist Assembly rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Daqaan's influence in Democratic Socialist Assembly rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Daqaan changed its national demonym to "Daqaani" and its motto to "Naakin okama".
- : Daqaan altered its national flag.
- : Daqaan's influence in Democratic Socialist Assembly rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Daqaan relocated from Alvaria to Democratic Socialist Assembly.
- : Daqaan relocated from Kylaris to Alvaria.
- : Daqaan published "Daqaan" (Factbook: Overview).