The Republic of Daskel is a huge, genial nation, ruled by Kanai Yūki with a fair hand, and renowned for its ban on automobiles, keen interest in outer space, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 898 million Daskelians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The large, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Daitō Metropolis. The average income tax rate is 55.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Daskelian economy, worth 54.2 trillion Daskelian Kans a year, is dominated by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Cheese Exports, and Information Technology. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 60,386 Daskelian Kans, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The nation grinds to a halt on the anniversary of every marginally noteworthy event, solving crossword puzzles requires fluency in at least five languages, the national guard is mobilized whenever a mother gets separated from her child at the mall, and Kanai Yūki has just been declared ruler of Daskel in an international press conference. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Daskel's national animal is the Orca, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Daskel's influence in The West Pacific rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Daskel was endorsed by The Hot Boi Summer Guardian of Nieubasria.
- : Daskel was endorsed by The Meritocratic Kingdom of IndyCar Racing.
- : Daskel endorsed The Republic of Madarna.
- : Daskel was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Daskel was endorsed by The Kwibohora 26 of Recuecn.
- : Daskel was endorsed by The Uoᴉʇɐu pǝlloɹʇuoɔ qɐɹƆ of Dilber.
- : Daskel's influence in The West Pacific rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Daskel was endorsed by The Republic of Madarna.
- : Daskel was endorsed by The ∩S ᴉs ɐ ɟɐsɔᴉsʇ dolᴉɔǝ sʇɐʇǝ of Fujai.