The Great Nation of Dedede Empire is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by King Dedede with an iron fist, and remarkable for its pith helmet sales, punitive income tax rates, and spontaneously combusting cars. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 2.866 billion Waddle Dees enjoy great individual freedoms in everything except elections, which, where they exist at all, are populist shams for a dictatorship government that has no intention of ever giving up power.
The medium-sized, corrupt, pro-business, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Industry, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Mount Dedede. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 70.8%.
The frighteningly efficient Dedede economy, worth 499 trillion D-bills a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Tourism, and Retail. Black market activity is rampant. Average income is an impressive 174,176 D-bills, but there is a vast disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 1,427,991 per year while the poor average 4,506, a ratio of 316 to 1.
Prominent cultural symbols are featured on the backs of cereal boxes, citizens need a magnifying glass and color chart to distinguish between nearly identical brand labels, residents of newly dried out bays live in fear of leaky dikes, and drill sergeants yell in the ears of bespectacled nerds in cybermilitary "reboot camps". Crime is moderate. Dedede Empire's national animal is the Gordo, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Dededeism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Dedede Empire lodged a message on the The Tavern Regional Message Board.
- : Dedede Empire lodged a message on the Dream Land Regional Message Board.
- : Dedede Empire banned The Principality of Probably Not a Raider from Dream Land.
- : Following new legislation in Dedede Empire, drill sergeants yell in the ears of bespectacled nerds in cybermilitary "reboot camps".
- : Dedede Empire agreed to construct embassies between Dream Land and Oneid.
- : Dedede Empire agreed to construct embassies between Dream Land and Battleship Halberd.
- : Dedede Empire was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Drug Use and the Top 10% for Most Extensive Public Healthcare.
- : Dedede Empire was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Cultured.
- : Dedede Empire was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Advanced Law Enforcement.
- : Dedede Empire was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Armed.