|Leader||Chancellor William Lancaster|
The Commonwealth of Democratic Republic of Eiria is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Chancellor William Lancaster with a fair hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, keen interest in outer space, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 4.751 billion Eirians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Geminus. The average income tax rate is 85.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Eirian economy, worth 416 trillion Lunens a year, is quite specialized and dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Cheese Exports. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 87,564 Lunens, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
There have been reports of people marrying housepets, sex education has become an intricate maze of stick figures and complex metaphors, a ban on robots in disguise has transformed the entertainment industry, and the government pours millions of Lunens into rehabilitation programs annually. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Democratic Republic of Eiria's national animal is the dolphin, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, and its national religion is Unitism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Democratic Republic of Eiria, the government pours millions of Lunens into rehabilitation programs annually.
- : Following new legislation in Democratic Republic of Eiria, a ban on robots in disguise has transformed the entertainment industry.
- : Democratic Republic of Eiria voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Access to Abortion".
- : The Free Land of The IDU appointed Democratic Republic of Eiria as Vice Delegate / Immigration Minister with authority over Appearance, Border Control, Communications, and Polls in International Democratic Union.
- : Democratic Republic of Eiria voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Ban on Forced Blood Sports".
- : Democratic Republic of Eiria endorsed The Colony of Free Qatar.
- : Democratic Republic of Eiria was endorsed by The Colony of Free Qatar.
- : Democratic Republic of Eiria was endorsed by The Constitutional Republic of Ponoxien.
- : Following new legislation in Democratic Republic of Eiria, sex education has become an intricate maze of stick figures and complex metaphors.
- : Democratic Republic of Eiria withdrew its endorsement from The Commonwealth of Comhar.
Endorsements Received: 15 » The Crimean Enclave, Comhar, Lauchenoiria, Gardavasque, United New England, Laeral, Osirisa, Libertas Omnium Maximus, Sunemia, Latidonia, Assamland, -Astoria, Trive 38, Ponoxien, and Free Qatar.