The Republic of Desert Camel is a gargantuan, safe nation, remarkable for its state-planned economy, devotion to social welfare, and stringent health and safety legislation. The democratic population of 14.438 billion Desert Camelians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, liberal, socially-minded, outspoken morass — juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Healthcare, and Education. The average income tax rate is 86.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but stagnant Desert Camelian economy, worth 73.2 trillion 090624006s a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is mostly comprised of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 5,069 090624006s, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Desert Camel successfully hosted the desert Olympics, prime real estate is devoted to wind farms and solar energy generators, military barracks resemble five-star hotels, and legislation sometimes has to battle through weeks of filibustering to pass. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Desert Camel's national animal is the dromedary camel, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Desert Camel's influence in Desert rose from "Truckler" to "Handshaker".
- : Desert Camel was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Zombified.
- : Desert Camel was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Dead, Most Survivors, and Most Zombies.
- : Desert Camel's influence in Desert rose from "Vassal" to "Truckler".
- : Desert Camel altered its national flag.
- : Desert Camel was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Politically Free, Highest Drug Use, Most Income Equality, Most Extreme, and Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- : Desert Camel's influence in Desert rose from "Nipper" to "Vassal".
- : Desert Camel relocated from Lazarus to Desert.
- : Desert Camel was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Desert Camel ceased to exist in Desert.