The Democratic Federation of Devone is a massive, genial nation, ruled by Sahdev Kapasiya with an even hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, soft-spoken computers, and state-planned economy. The compassionate population of 1.002 billion Devonians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Education, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Listeg. The average income tax rate is 28.8%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Devonian economy, worth 76.0 trillion Dims a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is fairly diversified, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Cheese Exports. Average income is 75,807 Dims, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The nation is regarded as a paragon of democracy, pre-takeoff checks last longer than the flights themselves, visiting dignitaries make excuses to leave functions early and head to the nearest pub, and oddly patriotic flash mobs spontaneously sing the national anthem. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Devone's national animal is the Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Devone was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans.
- : Following new legislation in Devone, oddly patriotic flash mobs spontaneously sing the national anthem.
- : Devone voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting the Rights of Labour Unions".
- : Devone submitted a proposal to the Security Council Condemnation Board entitled "Condemn Istoz".
- : Devone was endorsed by The People's Republic of Akumanga.
- : Following new legislation in Devone, visiting dignitaries make excuses to leave functions early and head to the nearest pub.
- : Devone's influence in 21st Century Rome rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Devone was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments.
- : Devone endorsed The Second Monarchy of Koedric.
- : Devone endorsed The Empire of Holonesia.