|Leader||Adhdedus Jedud III|
The Hazmat-Suit Wearing Land of Devonigondwana is a huge, safe nation, ruled by Adhdedus Jedud III with a fair hand, and remarkable for its daily referendums, keen interest in outer space, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, democratic population of 950 million Spuds are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, outspoken morass — juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Education, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Uglatto. The average income tax rate is 77.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The thriving Devo economy, worth 48.0 trillion Snowballs a year, is extremely specialized and mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 50,558 Snowballs, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The national anthem is a rather effective sleeping aid, internet moderator is one of the most popular jobs among the nation's more socially awkward citizens, the government thinks Spuds can achieve social cohesion by drinking soda together, and snooze factory is now prison lingo for rehabilitation center. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Devonigondwana's national animal is the sea dandelion, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Devonigondwana was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Aleisynium.
- : Following new legislation in Devonigondwana, snooze factory is now prison lingo for rehabilitation center.
- : Following new legislation in Devonigondwana, the government thinks Spuds can achieve social cohesion by drinking soda together.
- : Following new legislation in Devonigondwana, internet moderator is one of the most popular jobs among the nation's more socially awkward citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Devonigondwana, the national anthem is a rather effective sleeping aid.
- : Devonigondwana was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Politically Free.
- : Devonigondwana voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Deadeye Jack".
- : Devonigondwana voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Freedom of dress".
- : Devonigondwana voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Freedom of dress".
- : Following new legislation in Devonigondwana, human sacrifice to the metaphorical altar of Mammon ensures national prosperity.
Endorsements Received: 69 » Nova Briton, Charville, Socialist Platypus, Duby, Pervincia, Liberto-Ancapistan, Lislandia, The Free City of Nelson, Cle Brait, Hubdova, Aelandi, Primis Tenebris, Crimson Eternal, The sovereign provinces of Mesha, Hamptoria, The Psittacines, GreatBritannia, Erithian, Seolia, GibmeMoney, Wakaru, Werstonal, Ciapore, Gatorstan, Creditopia, Terra Valor, The Spook Who Sat By The Door, Loveable Dogs, Hockeyyekcoh, Commuba, BadBitchVille, Flamboyant Fanboys, Nibelia, Oktadonia, Elythrea, Saraai, Zuelong, Cyzixraqab, Eastern Starbowie, Stustu, Sweola, El Blurkistan, Kurczak Mielony, Balan Bar, United Cyber Tech, Ziroxeut, Nueva Rico, Untied States of Matter, Cramboria, Redamia, and 19 others.The Orange Microwaves, Covoicotheval, Swiss Hommousionopia, Great Luirokitanea, Vivenxistan, United States Of Florida, Locotima, Her Majesty Silver Garden, Tentoria, Washiwa, The Capitalist China Party, Aerospace And Freedom, Holy Boaiggim, The Unified Pumaxi, Saijan, Litorauria, Ienia, Arcus Iris, and Aleisynium.