|Currency||mg of olanzapine|
The Candlewhisper Puppet of DoNoHarm is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by The Doctor with an iron fist, and remarkable for its lack of airports, strictly enforced bedtime, and parental licensing program. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless, devout population of 8.71 billion patients are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, moralistic, socially-minded, well-organized government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defense, Environment, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of The Surgery. The average income tax rate is 98.4%.
The large but sluggish DoNoHarmian economy, worth 636 trillion mgs of olanzapine a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is an enormous, deeply entrenched, extremely specialized black market in Furniture Restoration and Basket Weaving. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 73,024 mgs of olanzapine, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Smiling in public is seen as criminally suspicious behaviour, student athletes gaze forlornly at abandoned lab ratball fields, the words 'private' and 'enterprise' must never appear in the same sentence, and sleeping on the job is recommended. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. DoNoHarm's national animal is the lab rat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is enlightened science.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : DoNoHarm's influence in Forest rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : DoNoHarm's influence in Forest rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : DoNoHarm changed its national motto to "Every move you make, I'll be watching you.".
- : DoNoHarm altered its national flag.
- : DoNoHarm's influence in Forest rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : DoNoHarm was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Advanced Public Education and Most Subsidized Industry.
- : Following new legislation in DoNoHarm, sleeping on the job is recommended.
- : Following new legislation in DoNoHarm, the words 'private' and 'enterprise' must never appear in the same sentence.
- : DoNoHarm relocated from NationStates to Forest.
- : DoNoHarm was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Black Market.