The Kingdom of Dratava is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by king Emyr with an iron fist, and remarkable for its frequent executions, enslaved workforce, and otherworldly petting zoo. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless, devout population of 2.45 billion Dratavans are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The large, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government prioritizes Defense, although Law & Order, Administration, and Education are also considered important, while Environment and Welfare are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Terlak. The average income tax rate is 95.4%.
The frighteningly efficient Dratavan economy, worth 827 trillion marks a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is an enormous, deeply entrenched, broadly diversified black market in Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, and Uranium Mining. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an amazing 337,551 marks, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.9 times as much as the poorest.
The military refers to helpless combatants offering surrender as "sitting ducks", the police think a properly conducted criminal investigation is a real pain, international trade can be a pain to deal with, and groups of government workers are declared protected tribes if they venture too deep into the Capitol. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Dratava's national animal is the Dratavan eagle, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Dratava was endorsed by The Fiefdom of Insi Karai.
- : Following new legislation in Dratava, groups of government workers are declared protected tribes if they venture too deep into the Capitol.
- : Following new legislation in Dratava, international trade can be a pain to deal with.
- : Following new legislation in Dratava, the police think a properly conducted criminal investigation is a real pain.
- : Following new legislation in Dratava, the military refers to helpless combatants offering surrender as "sitting ducks".
- : Following new legislation in Dratava, the stratosphere is full of "silent but deadly" attacks from king Emyr's rear echelons.
- : Following new legislation in Dratava, the government is a law unto itself.
- : Following new legislation in Dratava, the monarchy has adopted absolute primogeniture.
- : Dratava voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "International Criminal Protocol"".
- : Following new legislation in Dratava, screams of citizens being "re-educated" echo throughout the rural regions of Dratava.
Endorsements Received: 74 » La xinga, Marrabuk, H-Zhena, VW53Aland, Eagas, Todd McCloud, Dragons Blood, Am Echad, Ridann, CopyCato, Kampf Empire, East Malaysia, BearStackof2015, Brotherland, Wiranath, Evrigenis, Kangarawa, Republic of Berzerkistan, The Militarius Imperium, Pakitsk, Merlovich, Asendavia, Talitoa, Zukchiva, Libertanny, Tretrid, Axdel, The Eternal Land of Jong, Kilkire, The Three States of Fortuna, Ripsylvania, Staynes, Mays Austrian Nation, BuciLand, A mean old man, Santa Dystopia, Survivoristan, Stellar Colonies, Ephem, Eastern Hyront Scassen, Horn of Havenkaap, New Leganes, Yelkinam, Euricanis, Rainbow Vests, Forro Islands, Lingu, Oofery, Quebec-and-Maritimes, Tawuse, and 24 others.Coruh, Markhor, Modra, Plazland, FreedomIand, Greater New Cassandra, Acronis, Nevertopia, Republic of New India, Anarchica landia, Debluu, Layngderfleethe, EHTYCSCYTHE, Tassirion, Fradrildrun, ArenaC, Claniangdow, From New World, Dannemarie, Dravida India, Sunsistan, BTProductions, Aeoliah, and Insi Karai.