The Pirate Triumvirate of Dridia is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its state-planned economy, absence of drug laws, and punitive income tax rates. The democratic, devout population of 2.193 billion Dridians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, liberal, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Education, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 64.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but stagnant Dridian economy, worth 33.2 trillion Doubloons a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, quite specialized black market in Beef-Based Agriculture, Soda Sales, Uranium Mining, and Basket Weaving. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 15,140 Doubloons, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Surveillance cameras are banned, tourists from around the world come to visit the country's famous rainforests, and the tenet of free speech is held dear. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Dridia's national animal is the Skeleton, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Dridia's influence in Democratic Socialist Assembly rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Dridia changed its national nation type to "Pirate Triumvirate".
- : Dridia's influence in Democratic Socialist Assembly rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Dridia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Income Equality.
- : Dridia's influence in Democratic Socialist Assembly rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Dridia altered its national flag.
- : Dridia's influence in Democratic Socialist Assembly rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Dridia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Nudest.
- : Following new legislation in Dridia, the tenet of free speech is held dear.
- : Dridia's influence in Democratic Socialist Assembly rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".