The Republic of Duskwi is a huge, genial nation, notable for its daily referendums, devotion to social welfare, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 568 million Duskwians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, liberal, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Duskover. The average income tax rate is 76.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Duskwian economy, worth 32.8 trillion pounds a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Retail, Soda Sales, and Pizza Delivery. Average income is 57,762 pounds, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Hostage-takers offer loyalty scheme points for prompt payment, birth rates have hit an all-time low, anti-government web sites are springing up, and passionate nomination battles are often as intense as general elections. Crime is totally unknown. Duskwi's national animal is the axolotl, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Duskwi was endorsed by The Devastation of Cro Magnon.
- : Duskwi was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Workforce Participation Rate.
- : Duskwi was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- : Duskwi voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Rights of the employed".
- : Following new legislation in Duskwi, passionate nomination battles are often as intense as general elections.
- : Duskwi was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Nudest and the Top 10% for Longest Average Lifespans.
- : Following new legislation in Duskwi, anti-government web sites are springing up.
- : Following new legislation in Duskwi, birth rates have hit an all-time low.
- : Following new legislation in Duskwi, hostage-takers offer loyalty scheme points for prompt payment.
- : Following new legislation in Duskwi, the realistic depiction of tentacles is on the core syllabus of most art schools.
Endorsements Received: 15 » Saint Philip and Laurence, The Holy Principality of Saint Mark, Bran Astor, The Unified Missourtama States, Recuecn, Dalimbar, Nieubasria, Eiriann, Fuentana, Fujai, Big Bad Badger, Eienn, Holmani, Plankstein, and Cro Magnon.