|Currency||East Isles farthing|
The Commonwealth of East Isles is a very large, genial nation, renowned for its rampant corporate plagiarism, punitive income tax rates, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic population of 128 million East Islesians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, liberal government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Administration. The average income tax rate is 73.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The East Islesian economy, worth 6.29 trillion East Isles farthings a year, is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Cheese Exports, Information Technology, and Furniture Restoration. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 49,177 East Isles farthings, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Voting is voluntary, scavengers with burlap sacks and shovels skulk around graveyards, the nation faces constant invasions by foreign boy bands, and the nation has an international reputation for compassion. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. East Isles's national animal is the pygmy loris, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : East Isles was endorsed by The United Provinces of Aeolist.
- : Following new legislation in East Isles, the nation has an international reputation for compassion.
- : East Isles was endorsed by The American Insurgency of Former English Colony.
- : East Isles was endorsed by The Salty Dogs of Great Bights Mum.
- : East Isles was endorsed by The Not so much Grumpy Colony of Sunto.
- : East Isles was endorsed by The Armed Republic of Rosuncommon.
- : East Isles was endorsed by The Golden Throne Room of Ethnon.
- : East Isles was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Perikuresu.
- : Following new legislation in East Isles, the nation faces constant invasions by foreign boy bands.
- : East Isles voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Lily".