The Republic of East Natomes is a huge, cultured nation, renowned for its irreverence towards religion, punitive income tax rates, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic population of 448 million East Natomese have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ionamos. The average income tax rate is 50.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming East Natomesian economy, worth 46.1 trillion lire a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Door-to-door Insurance Sales, and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 102,801 lire, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Inheritance tax has recently been abolished, foreign casinos have trouble paying fans who bet on the Ionamos Beavers' triumph against long odds, ambitious "businessmen" use their children to sell and advertise their products, and the government is spending millions on lawyers' fees trying to get Leader off a murder charge. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. East Natomes's national animal is the beaver, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : East Natomes was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Best Weather.
- : East Natomes was endorsed by The Most Serene Republic of Lulubellia.
- : East Natomes was endorsed by The Fiefdom of Navsland.
- : East Natomes was endorsed by The Community of Pleroma Sans Romans.
- : East Natomes endorsed The Democratic States of Free Nation of Hong Kong.
- : East Natomes endorsed The Republic of Chips and Guac.
- : Following new legislation in East Natomes, the government is spending millions on lawyers' fees trying to get Leader off a murder charge.
- : Following new legislation in East Natomes, ambitious "businessmen" use their children to sell and advertise their products.
- : Following new legislation in East Natomes, foreign casinos have trouble paying fans who bet on the Ionamos Beavers' triumph against long odds.
- : Following new legislation in East Natomes, inheritance tax has recently been abolished.
Endorsements Received: 147 » Territorio di Nessuno, Orado, Shibutani, Hamerica, Pazair, Brocheland, Guer Aike, Corfad, Koda-Land, El Fiji Grande, Zzozona, Former English Colony, Empy, Sikol, Noahs Second Country, The Tampa Bay Rays, Brucklania, The Rhein States, Plutayah, The Calabash Protectorate, Omnistria, Yaorozu, Fendlium, Saperisole, Ihese, Prydania, Eri-Maqa-Ena, Ethnon, Psychotic Vegans, Seanat, Zumlandia, Sundred, North Bratislava, Dar es Saalam, Notyoutopia, Newpromisedland, Daiz, Pallaith, New Lakemba, Loutsland, Yokciq Empire, 1 very fast endotarter, Shinjuku tokyo 0, Valhalla123, Sea Ghost, Dabarastan, Fauzjhia, Interdimensional Zone, Libertania Democratica, Dreadton, and 97 others.Siwale, Hoglands, Frances Francis the First of France, Seenvorland, McMasterdonia, The Iron Lions, Kocherian, Valentine Z, Plangainer, Selfgradatude, Wineclaw, Sunto, Great Bights Mum, Kranostav, Westinor, Arichia, Toygu Land, Free Culture, Joodey, Schnuftelland, Calamazo, Xagill, Zeternia, Lux Conos, Korovan Isles, Velon, Praeceps, Arrivederci, Clan Spaniel, The Pantheons, Abject Ludicrosity, Solskjar, Palisede, Highton Islands, Borsukia, Xentherida, PotatoFarmers, New Jamgra, Jovian Knights, Damsmel, Nouvelle-Floride, U S Eh, Unimaginable Doom, Lionia, Shadowrik, Xyrron, Nistriabar, Madjack, Ravendi, Sil Dorsett, Ihsan, Principia Mathematica, Eschatosia, Kragsgale, Simone Republic, Xipher, Astal Aavors, Amerian States, Illusia and Neverendia, Buckhem, Andexia, Sattelbach, Ultra777, Moubarakistan, Votak Matim, Dechire par la Guerre, Heilhum Imperius, Dangine, Vincone Cae, Napnomadia, Runeda, Geektopia, Harjad, Eywaan, Moszce-Walvard, Therizia, Frahnkzaden, Tyirza, Aerilia, Cretox State, Morover, Holy Oranz, Sopernia, Innocentic, Outer Shenendoah, Amprak, WeKnow, Glanst, Comfed, Supreme Leader Hadrian, Elvoreto, The Kingdom Of Wagies, Free Nation of Hong Kong, Chips and Guac, Pleroma Sans Romans, Navsland, and Lulubellia.