|Leader||Artificial General Intelligence|
The Federal Republic of Edelweissia is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Artificial General Intelligence with an even hand, and notable for its smutty television, daily referendums, and avant-garde cinema. The compassionate population of 19.209 billion Edelweissians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Citadel Origin. The average income tax rate is 95.1%.
The frighteningly efficient Edelweissian economy, worth a remarkable 2,156 trillion Credits a year, is extremely specialized and mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 112,269 Credits, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
Diaper ads feature vertically-challenged adults wearing bootees, a video of Artificial General Intelligence wearing shock-blue face paint and smashing an electric guitar in front of a frenzied crowd is on endless repeat on the nightly news, school football matches are usually five-a-side, and the entire entry for Edelweissia in the Hitchhiker's Guide to the World reads 'mostly harmless'. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Edelweissia's national animal is the Shiba Inu, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Edelweissia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Access to Abortion".
- : Edelweissia was reclassified from "Left-Leaning College State" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- : Edelweissia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Ban on Forced Blood Sports".
- : Edelweissia was endorsed by The Kingdom of New Rogernomics.
- : Edelweissia's influence in Lazarus rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Edelweissia was endorsed by The Republic of The Sigometh Dynasty.
- : Edelweissia was endorsed by The Kingdom of Debussy.
- : Edelweissia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Australian rePublic".
- : Edelweissia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Australian rePublic".
- : Edelweissia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Fair Arbitration Act".