The Empire of Eridue is a massive, genial nation, renowned for its national health service, rampant corporate plagiarism, and smutty television. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.307 billion Eridueans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government prioritizes Education, although Defense, Administration, and Welfare are also considered important, while Spirituality isn't funded at all. The average income tax rate is 56.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Eriduean economy, worth 148 trillion Karls a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Arms Manufacturing, and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 113,547 Karls, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Leader's luxurious new home has been designated as a protected cultural heritage site, hostage-takers offer loyalty scheme points for prompt payment, a TV celebrity dominates the nation's newest democratic political party, and many whiskies taste suspiciously like automobile radiators. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Eridue's national animal is the Emu, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Eridue voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Ban on Sterilisation of Minors etc".
- : Following new legislation in Eridue, many whiskies taste suspiciously like automobile radiators.
- : Eridue was endorsed by The Minister of RMB Affairs of Great Algerstonia.
- : Eridue endorsed The Minister of RMB Affairs of Great Algerstonia.
- : Eridue endorsed The The Comms and Info Minister of Pendragonania.
- : Eridue was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Smartest Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Eridue, a TV celebrity dominates the nation's newest democratic political party.
- : Following new legislation in Eridue, hostage-takers offer loyalty scheme points for prompt payment.
- : Following new legislation in Eridue, Leader's luxurious new home has been designated as a protected cultural heritage site.
- : Following new legislation in Eridue, crime is on the rise as DNA sampling has been all but outlawed.
Endorsements Received: 47 » H-Zhena, Roissyland, Rhealaliit, Wiranath, Janoobi Jazair, Pakitsk, BearStackof2015, Hizuru, Axdel, Someseni, Marrico, Brotherland, Am Echad, The Cult of the Great Cthulhu, The Angel of Charity, Free sovereign Soviet socialist republic, Kilkire, The United Neo American Union, VW53Aland, Kangarawa, Plazland, Just Vale 2, Renovatio de Imperium Coreanum, Libertanny, Dragons Blood, Bullpups, Escade, Sericena, Staynes, Commodore Badger, Avakael, Firenation91, Zukchiva, Asendavia, Eagas, Tim Stark, Feu de Glace, Eastie, A Slanted Black Stripe, East Malaysia, Arpino, Ramaeus, Ballpit2, Johnny Appleseed1, Matdor, Marrabuk, and Great Algerstonia.