The Kingdom of Espanto is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, remarkable for its compulsory military service, compulsory vegetarianism, and daily referendums. The compassionate, hard-working, devout population of 394 million Espantoans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Environment, Law & Order, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Otalé. The average income tax rate is 34.2%.
The very strong Espantoan economy, worth 31.1 trillion Eglis a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Beef-Based Agriculture industry, with major contributions from Cheese Exports, Trout Farming, and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. Average income is 78,971 Eglis, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.8 times as much as the poorest.
Works of historical fiction contain a surprising lack of historical figures, the national census includes an opt-in to join the government-run dating service, former slave-owners hope there are no hard feelings when they apply for jobs from their erstwhile charges, and schoolyard sandboxes resemble ashtrays due to the large number of cigarette butts. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Espanto's national animal is the Golden Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Espanto, schoolyard sandboxes resemble ashtrays due to the large number of cigarette butts.
- : Espanto was endorsed by The Allied States of Preble.
- : Espanto was endorsed by The Grand Federation of Xentherida.
- : Espanto was endorsed by The Republic of Altamonte.
- : Following new legislation in Espanto, former slave-owners hope there are no hard feelings when they apply for jobs from their erstwhile charges.
- : Following new legislation in Espanto, the national census includes an opt-in to join the government-run dating service.
- : Following new legislation in Espanto, works of historical fiction contain a surprising lack of historical figures.
- : Espanto endorsed The Delegate-elect of McMasterdonia.
- : Espanto withdrew its endorsement from The Delegate-elect of McMasterdonia.
- : Following new legislation in Espanto, money that should have gone to charities is instead spent on monitoring them.
Endorsements Received: 138 » Notyoutopia, Alunya, The Rhein States, Glurponia, Yaorozu, Siwale, Territorio di Nessuno, Sinelona, El Fiji Grande, Shibutani, Loutsland, Great Bights Mum, Pallaith, Corfad, Dreadton, Napnomadia, Runeda, Utopicican, 1 very fast endotarter, Ethnon, Koda-Land, Shin-Hachioji, Penrith, Makersaulache, Cuyan, Omnistria, Bearical, Selfgradatude, Kasazzastan, Xzavia-Hjar, Trillius, Sunto, North Bratislava, Zumlandia, Federation Terra Australis, PlanetPunk, Wilkshire, Dar es Saalam, Black Templares, Sundred, Kwaj, Daiz, Shadowrik, Vincone Cae, Guer Aike, Eri-Maqa-Ena, Valhalla123, Lindsaystan, Sockmanland, Steampunk Ariel, and 88 others.New Bremerton, Sheldanada, Maott, Test for a new hope, Zeternia, Amauri, Destructive Government Endorsing System, Wineclaw, The Tampa Bay Rays, Wisconsota, Tamgu, Juggernautilus, Esplandia, Sil Dorsett, Holy Oranz, Spartoptia, Lanterkint, New Octicarg, Elder Realms, Moisus, Grimandia, Duerrlewang, Concordare, Quebekistand, Jasminlandia, McMasterdonia, Manticore utopia, Newpromisedland, Abiswashyo-bhumi, Torakuen, Walter Jackson, BrightFutures, Diodone, Aezus, Malta Comino Gozo, Lemonbiscuits, Amerian States, General COE, Calamazo, Alice Gardens, Anna Airters, Revolutionary Sealand, Fizban, Frie Annium, The Stratosphere Islands, Azzarel, Votak Matim, Miruma, New Lakemba, Abject Ludicrosity, Malabor Tor, Sea Ghost, Cloydicia, Frances Francis the First of France, Orven, Delmak, Guslantis, New Phyrreus, Ibiscaton, Great Robertia, Faircliff, Racoda, Ponantine, Aratani, Nakayo, Pasargad, Ozstan, The Nation that will win Soops for 9003, Gnomewatchers, The Iron Lions, Potestasia, Kaschovia, Yewbow, Moubarakistan, The Pantheons, Eteles, Francois Isidore, Loli County, Joodey, Federalania, Darcania, Serendipita Martia, Nothru Lerple, Eragonaise, Gorundu, Altamonte, Xentherida, and Preble.