|Leader||HM King William I of Esslea|
The Kingdom of Esslea is a massive, safe nation, ruled by HM King William I of Esslea with an even hand, and renowned for its sprawling nuclear power plants, free-roaming dinosaurs, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 3.073 billion Essleans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Essleya. The average income tax rate is 46.0%.
The all-consuming Esslean economy, worth 258 trillion Angots a year, is quite specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Basket Weaving, and Information Technology. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 84,114 Angots, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.9 times as much as the poorest.
In life full of care there is no time to stop and stare, elevator music has been replaced by thrash metal played at maximum volume, smoking is banned in public areas, and the dish 'poisson avec poison' is only available on the black market. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Esslea's national animal is the Aurantiaco Bird, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is None.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Esslea's influence in Entropy rose from "Duckspeaker" to "Envoy".
- : Esslea was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Esslea was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry and the Top 10% for Healthiest Citizens.
- : Esslea was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Best Weather.
- : Esslea's influence in Entropy rose from "Handshaker" to "Duckspeaker".
- : Esslea was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- : Esslea was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans.
- : Esslea voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Equal Justice Under Law".
- : Esslea voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Against Quorum Raiding".
- : Esslea was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Developed.