The Empire of Ever dark is a massive, efficient nation, notable for its ubiquitous missile silos, ritual sacrifices, and enslaved workforce. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless, devout population of 1.133 billion Drows are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The medium-sized, corrupt, well-organized government is primarily concerned with Defense, although Spirituality, Industry, and Administration are also considered important, while Social Policy and Welfare are ignored. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 50.1%.
The frighteningly efficient Ever darkish economy, worth 168 trillion Nights a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is an enormous, deeply entrenched, quite specialized black market in Arms Manufacturing, Retail, Uranium Mining, and Soda Sales. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 148,981 Nights, with the richest citizens earning 7.7 times as much as the poorest.
The regional delicacy of chocolate bombes is deadlier than an unexploded bomb, tax-payers are funding ever more extravagant movie projects, science labs across the country languish in cobwebs as the government turns its attentions to spiritual matters, and people who make the leader's blood boil get boiled. Crime is all-pervasive, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Ever dark's national animal is the Human, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Ever dark, people who make the leader's blood boil get boiled.
- : Following new legislation in Ever dark, science labs across the country languish in cobwebs as the government turns its attentions to spiritual matters.
- : Following new legislation in Ever dark, tax-payers are funding ever more extravagant movie projects.
- : Following new legislation in Ever dark, the regional delicacy of chocolate bombes is deadlier than an unexploded bomb.
- : Following new legislation in Ever dark, severed limbs litter woodland edges across the land.
- : Ever dark was endorsed by The Constitutional Kingdom of Xagill.
- : Following new legislation in Ever dark, school lessons are constantly interrupted by 'teacher needs a break' time.
- : Following new legislation in Ever dark, black tea is only available on the black market.
- : Following new legislation in Ever dark, military spending is on the increase.
- : Following new legislation in Ever dark, the working classes live and die on the fields of the farming communes.
Endorsements Received: 161 » Alunya, Pallaith, The Rhein States, El Fiji Grande, Yaorozu, Territorio di Nessuno, Plangainer, Black Templares, PlanetPunk, Great Bights Mum, Eylstadt Izetta, Trillius, 2 and 2 is Fish, North Bratislava, Corfad, Koda-Land, Napnomadia, Dar es Saalam, Kwaj, Ikea Rike, Sinelona, Notyoutopia, Maott, Frances Francis the First of France, Shibutani, Zemnaya Svoboda, Torakuen, Aeolist, Jasminlandia, Eri-Maqa-Ena, Sil Dorsett, Saturns Edge, Omnistria, 1 very fast endotarter, Siwale, Steampunk Ariel, Amauri, Pasargad, Unimaginable Doom, New Pruessen, Selfgradatude, Sundred, Acrabinnia, Federation Terra Australis, Sunto, Dreadton, Egalico, Valhalla123, United Draconia, New Bremerton, and 111 others.Spartoptia, Haor Chall, Moubarakistan, Wilkshire, Aratani, Buckerino, Q w e r t y, Ibiscaton, Abject Ludicrosity, Shadowrik, General COE, Abiswashyo-bhumi, Niradans, Kasazzastan, Wineclaw, Votak Matim, Holy Oranz, Destructive Government Endorsing System, Noahs Second Country, Vincone Cae, Former English Colony, Rynion, Sea Ghost, Test for a new hope, GRANDE IMPERIO ORIENTAL PAGAO EUDUARDO, Elder Realms, Amerian States, Orado, Joodey, Guer Aike, Xentherida, Constantinolia, Makersaulache, Astrind, Glurponia, Babacar, Loutsland, Zumlandia, Kobagia, Republic of Turbin, Ethnon, Xzavia-Hjar, Steraz, SORT, Chukstik Illahi, Brettenia, Wisconsota, Bearical, Sockmanland, Malta Comino Gozo, Azzarel, Great Javadwipa, Cloydicia, Landnovia, Penrith, Rkainjel, Cuyan, Daiz, Runeda, Lindsaystan, Zeternia, The Tampa Bay Rays, 5 kingdoms of Britannia, Tamgu, Juggernautilus, Beta Centauri B3, Lanterkint, New Octicarg, New Lakemba, Duerrlewang, McMasterdonia, The Stratosphere Islands, Moisus, Miruma, Orven, Delmak, Guslantis, Faircliff, Ponantine, Aezus, Racoda, Ozstan, The Nation that will win Soops for 9003, Fizban, Gnomewatchers, The Iron Lions, Loli County, Nothru Lerple, Altamonte, PotatoFarmers, Clan Spaniel, Angshire, United Kahndaq, Kranostav, Neworva, Yukti, Germanic Araya, Pazair, Phoeba, Empy, Seenvorland, Viridiann, Daymonskinner, Dabarastan, Zyvetskistaahn, Parmovand, Baldova, Eravonia, Ravendi, Huks Gares, and Xagill.