The Republic of Faid is a huge, safe nation, remarkable for its museums and concert halls, state-planned economy, and absence of drug laws. The hard-nosed, devout population of 734 million Faidians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Healthcare, Spirituality, and Education. The average income tax rate is 43.0%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Faidian economy, worth 67.5 trillion Faidan Coins a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, broadly diversified black market in Tourism, Retail, Arms Manufacturing, and Beef-Based Agriculture. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 91,955 Faidan Coins, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
It turns out that money can buy you happiness, retirement homes are often fitted with luxurious suites, board shorts have replaced board rooms, and the nation's universities are often mistaken for foreign embassies. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Faid's national animal is the Eastern Wolf, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Faid was endorsed by The Golden Delegoose Monarchy of Technocratic Tagalog.
- : Faid was endorsed by The Republic of Dravida India.
- : Faid was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Cheerful Citizens and the Top 10% for Largest Retail Industry.
- : Following new legislation in Faid, the nation's universities are often mistaken for foreign embassies.
- : Following new legislation in Faid, board shorts have replaced board rooms.
- : Following new legislation in Faid, retirement homes are often fitted with luxurious suites.
- : Following new legislation in Faid, it turns out that money can buy you happiness.
- : Following new legislation in Faid, bizarre-looking creatures called 'Eastern Wolfdogs' dominate wildlife preserves.
- : Following new legislation in Faid, the government has instituted 'traveller reservations' across the country.
- : Faid was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Distro-Spartica.
Endorsements Received: 40 » VW53Aland, New Leganes, Pakitsk, Asendavia, Brotherland, Marrabuk, Zukchiva, A mean old man, H-Zhena, Mays Austrian Nation, East Malaysia, Oofery, Evrigenis, Staynes, FreedomIand, Acronis, Tretrid, Dragons Blood, Greater New Cassandra, The Three States of Fortuna, Debluu, Layngderfleethe, EHTYCSCYTHE, Tassirion, Lingu, Axdel, ArenaC, Santa Dystopia, Rainbow Vests, Lorrana, United Socialist States of Amerika, BearStackof2015, Eastern Alksearia, Modra, North Bernia, Namaste Isle, Coruh, Distro-Spartica, Dravida India, and Technocratic Tagalog.