The Empire of Fallen Iron Duke is a huge, orderly nation, notable for its ubiquitous missile silos, public floggings, and frequent executions. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 663 million Fallen Iron Dukeans are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The medium-sized, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Iron Dukegrad. The average income tax rate is 43.5%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Fallen Iron Dukean economy, worth 99.6 trillion florins a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Book Publishing, and Automobile Manufacturing. Black market activity is frequent. Average income is an impressive 150,265 florins, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.6 times as much as the poorest.
Door-to-door salesmen are frequently beaten up by 'vigilantes', legal contracts aren't worth the paper they're written on, fur coats have become the latest fashion trend, and octogenarian swimsuit models insist that they've still got it. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Fallen Iron Duke's national animal is the panther, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Fallen Iron Duke was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Developed.
- : Following new legislation in Fallen Iron Duke, octogenarian swimsuit models insist that they've still got it.
- : Following new legislation in Fallen Iron Duke, fur coats have become the latest fashion trend.
- : Following new legislation in Fallen Iron Duke, legal contracts aren't worth the paper they're written on.
- : Following new legislation in Fallen Iron Duke, door-to-door salesmen are frequently beaten up by 'vigilantes'.
- : Fallen Iron Duke was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Avoided.
- : Following new legislation in Fallen Iron Duke, the only place where one can see the Fallen Iron Dukean cherry tree is in a museum.
- : Following new legislation in Fallen Iron Duke, the nation's endangered species are no longer endangered.
- : Following new legislation in Fallen Iron Duke, there is something rotten in the state of Fallen Iron Duke.
- : Following new legislation in Fallen Iron Duke, medical experts advise that those claiming to be medical experts are probably fraudsters.
Endorsements Received: 116 » Bhang Bhang Duc, Bran Astor, Eskaton, Einherfell, Recuecn, Shaktirajya, Eienn, Q The Almighty, Twisted Duality, Holmani, Mediobogdum, Fallgriffin, Oometz, Fujai, The Fourth Redoubt, Nieubasria, Sindria, Matism, Durtoss, Mathematania, Ferroia, Wickedly evil people, The Unified Missourtama States, Quevilis, Champaign, Kisovec, Papercuts and Skittles, Wyndward, Glorious Existence, Anuubis, The Antarctic Empires, Comia Noracon, The Grandest Empire, Psikuta, Numpties, Leukogeras, Divina Patriae, Oronia, Gryphonian Alliance, Constantinopolisia, Westwind, Fhaengshia, Surroosia, Volkason, Cumidava, Zoran, Free Radio States, Fuentana, Itrusca, Sniper Slayers, and 66 others.Atheist States of Philippines, Kittenlicious, Willow Gate, Mercia Regnum, Win Mints, Cryland, United Alliance of the North, Athrid HullHund, Desmosthenes and Burke, Pandaland II, Moriari, Cro Magnon, Dreamers for Hope, DiscGolfLand, IndyCar Racing, Mirchusko, Qapaq Suyu, Condonohia, Al-Amanah, Atleska, Archonina, Pi Island, Area 591, Desirania, San Diego Islands, Scationtanland, Theicor, Atlasan, Pepinooo, New Belia, The Eastern Pennsylvanian State, Nicondaia, Greynne, Marina Nova, Sirulinuck, Rivello, Triestine, Gastenburg, Arnic, Fumafuma, Demetrian, Nowns Soveria, New Democratic Republic of Russia, Knight123, IXIMMXVIII, Northern Int Leine Conia, Galaxy Meows, Zollipsia, Gemiturkapistan, Lynier, Marisala, Karkalov, Ellcrys, Carvell, Reklim, Grand Republic of the Sun, Loegries, Western End Them Son, Torkvale, Santos-Dominius, Emark, Giovanniland, Dilber, Gracelantia, Samueliebox, and Hamburg Neo.