The United Socialist States of Fish Squad is a huge, cultured nation, remarkable for its soft-spoken computers, absence of drug laws, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic population of 719 million Fish Squadians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The large, outspoken government prioritizes Education, with Administration, Defense, and Healthcare also on the agenda. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Bury. The average income tax rate is 76.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Fish Squadian economy, worth 79.0 trillion pounds a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is broadly diversified, is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Woodchip Exports, and Uranium Mining. Average income is an impressive 109,847 pounds, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The election for Leader's office's janitor is heating up, the people elect the Supreme Court justices directly, the nation's soldiers sleep four to a bed in order to use space economically, and there's never enough space in space. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Fish Squad's national animal is the unicorn, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Fish Squad was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Advanced Defense Forces.
- : Following new legislation in Fish Squad, there's never enough space in space.
- : Following new legislation in Fish Squad, the nation's soldiers sleep four to a bed in order to use space economically.
- : Fish Squad voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Australian rePublic".
- : Fish Squad voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Fair Arbitration Act".
- : Fish Squad's influence in The West Pacific rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Fish Squad was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Timber Woodchipping Industry.
- : Following new legislation in Fish Squad, the people elect the Supreme Court justices directly.
- : Following new legislation in Fish Squad, the election for Leader's office's janitor is heating up.
- : Following new legislation in Fish Squad, roadside walls are being built and mother nature is paying for it.
Endorsements Received: 13 » Bran Astor, Dalimbar, The Holy Principality of Saint Mark, Nieubasria, Einherfell, Recuecn, The Unified Missourtama States, Fuentana, Wickedly evil people, Surroosia, Big Bad Badger, Fujai, and Plankstein.